Who will win junior cup

Rossiter blue

Naw you need to type that again and say " lucky" last minute winner [emoji4] what a final that would be, draw a bumper crowd, we can dream eh!

I'd take a lucky last minute winner every Derby [emoji4] aye would probably draw the biggest supports both clubs have saw since the 60s which seemed to be both of our glory years! Yeah we sure can!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it was an all East final (like 2 Fife sides rather than West Lothian) where would it be?

I can barely recall the final being further east than Livi in ages. 

Last was the 2007 final at East End Park between Linlithgow and Kelty. A good attendance of over 9000 too.

9 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Why don't you like st mirren park.  Fantastic surface (grass).  Small stadium which has good atmosphere. Easy access for fans i.e. Trains buses cars. What's not to like 

I'll be in a minority but I just find it a bit soulless. If it was full for a Junior final it might be ok. 

54 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I'll be in a minority but I just find it a bit soulless. If it was full for a Junior final it might be ok. 

I think if it weren't for its pitch maintenance coinciding with the junior cup final then St Mirren park would be the ideal venue for it. 

Good transport links, cracking grass surface and with around the 6,000 capacity there wouldn't be too many spaces as the crowd depending on who's playing would probably be between 4,500 to 6,000. 

Just loved seeing us win the Scottish cup at Kilmarnock but the place just seemed too big for it capacity  wise with both ends being empty , and of course being old fashioned I still don't think our showpiece should be played on astro turf , that said if offered the same cup final appearance again in the same scenario right now I would probably jump at it . 

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I think if it weren't for its pitch maintenance coinciding with the junior cup final then St Mirren park would be the ideal venue for it. 

Good transport links, cracking grass surface and with around the 6,000 capacity there wouldn't be too many spaces as the crowd depending on who's playing would probably be between 4,500 to 6,000. 

Just loved seeing us win the Scottish cup at Kilmarnock but the place just seemed too big for it capacity  wise with both ends being empty , and of course being old fashioned I still don't think our showpiece should be played on astro turf , that said if offered the same cup final appearance again in the same scenario right now I would probably jump at it . 

Capacity is 8023 no that it matters it's still better suited to junior final attendances 

Broadwood 8000

New Douglas Park 5500

Falkirk Stadium 8000

All perfect size venues for the final (depending on the teams) and having no issues with the surface being damaged!!

Far superior venues for atmosphere and size, for fans and players to enjoy the showpiece event!

11 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Broadwood 8000

New Douglas Park 5500

Falkirk Stadium 8000

All perfect size venues for the final (depending on the teams) and having no issues with the surface being damaged!!

Far superior venues for atmosphere and size, for fans and players to enjoy the showpiece event!

If you look at the last 10 years official attendances, they're all in and around the 5000 (ish) mark, with a couple of exceptions here and there. 

2 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

Would have looked fantastic last season with a sea of black & white in a black and white stadium.

I think if you asked someone to build the perfect stadium to host the junior cup final then you would build St Mirren park , it's just perfect for me for a junior cup final. 

Read earlier that someone said the final should be at Linlithgow if they aren't in the final but that just devalued the tournament as the senior ground cup final gives it that special attraction, wouldn't like to go down the road of playing at a junior ground  and the risk could eventually be that it could turn into a two legged home and away final , much better a one off at a senior ground for me although I do recognise that Linlithgow is a cracking ground. 

Just now, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I think if you asked someone to build the perfect stadium to host the junior cup final then you would build St Mirren park , it's just perfect for me for a junior cup final. 

Read earlier that someone said the final should be at Linlithgow if they aren't in the final but that just devalued the tournament as the senior ground cup final gives it that special attraction, wouldn't like to go down the road of playing at a junior ground  and the risk could eventually be that it could turn into a two legged home and away final , much better a one off at a senior ground for me although I do recognise that Linlithgow is a cracking ground. 

Totally agree mate it should always be at a senior ground.

Although a different competition it was the beginning of the end of the Ardagh when they stopped hosting final at Killie or Ayr.

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Linlithgow is great set up for a Junior club, but it is nowhere near of a standard to hold the showpiece final of our grade. The notion that 5000 is the target capacity is off the mark for a start. Every Junior Final I have attended was over that and Lithgies ground would never be able to host 5000 comfortably,  behind the goal is a grass banking at one end and the enclosure across from the stand has very poor laid out terrace half the spectators would see nothing. I'm sure they will have a capacity, if it's anywhere near 5000 there has either been major refurbishment since I was last there or the broon poak has been administered, that could be a euphemism BTW! 

To recap, 5000 isn't enough and Lithgie could not accommodate this anyway. Senior Ground, has to be! But not Hamilton, please!

13 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Linlithgow is great set up for a Junior club, but it is nowhere near of a standard to hold the showpiece final of our grade. The notion that 5000 is the target capacity is off the mark for a start. Every Junior Final I have attended was over that and Lithgies ground would never be able to host 5000 comfortably,  behind the goal is a grass banking at one end and the enclosure across from the stand has very poor laid out terrace half the spectators would see nothing. I'm sure they will have a capacity, if it's anywhere near 5000 there has either been major refurbishment since I was last there or the broon poak has been administered, that could be a euphemism BTW! 

To recap, 5000 isn't enough and Lithgie could not accommodate this anyway. Senior Ground, has to be! But not Hamilton, please!

I totally agree with all you say and it was another poster who suggested Linlithgow and I think their capacity would be about 3,000 which as you say is not even close to being big enough . 

It should be at a senior ground for sure but out of interest would any junior ground be big enough to host it ? I'm thinking maybe the old petershill , old Benburb with their huge big stands  , Kilsyth If the huge stand was still in use maybe ? 

7 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

I concur and also agree that St Mirren Park is ideal for a Junior Cup Final.

The problem seems to be that the senior clubs don't want the natural grass pitches being used close season.

St Mirren Park would be class for the final though!!! 

Archived