Who will win junior cup

Rossiter blue

4 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I totally agree with all you say and it was another poster who suggested Linlithgow and I think their capacity would be about 3,000 which as you say is not even close to being big enough . 

It should be at a senior ground for sure but out of interest would any junior ground be big enough to host it ? I'm thinking maybe the old petershill , old Benburb with their huge big stands  , Kilsyth If the huge stand was still in use maybe ? 

Loved Peasies old ground and in it's hey day could have accommodated the type of crowds we now get for the final, as could some of the rest. Doubt however, even if it was still here and in reasonable nick it would have passed the strict H&S. Lithgie will have a capacity as they have a licence bet your not far out.

Always thought Ayr would be a brilliant venue for the final.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

The problem seems to be that the senior clubs don't want the natural grass pitches being used close season.

St Mirren Park would be class for the final though!!! 

Remember the day before we played Kilwinning away in the second leg of the Scottish cup semi which I missed as I was flying out to benidorm for my birthday , plane took off and I said to my mate if we get to the final I would love it to be at St Mirren park , at that we looked out the plane window just after take off and saw St Mirren park and the pitch was entirely covered in thick sand even that early in their close season so even before our 2nd leg semi final was played the pitch was already out of action never mind hosting a final, it's a shame as it would be perfect as said. 

2 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Loved Peasies old ground and in it's hey day could have accommodated the type of crowds we now get for the final, as could some of the rest. Doubt however, even if it was still here and in reasonable nick it would have passed the strict H&S. Lithgie will have a capacity as they have a licence bet your not far out.

Always thought Ayr would be a brilliant venue for the final.

I agree about ayr , it gets terrible press for being a dump etc but the pitch is good, good segregation, good transport links and the capacity is fitting , people slate that ground but if it were a junior ground it would be the best in scotland by a country mile . 

Airdrie would be an ideal location, 10k capacity and centrally located with good motorway links. Livingston as well provided one of the clubs is from the East. For an all East Final, East End Park was a very good venue for the Kelty v Linlithgow final a few years back which attracted close on 10k

St.Mirren would be ideal for an all-West Final, but if it involves an East team it's just as much a pain in the a*se to get to as Killie is.

Rugby Park is far too big, but you can understand why its used.

Just out of interest, what was the attendance for the Auchinleck v Linlithgow final a few years back?

About 6500 in 2013 ( Livi) and only 4500 in 2002 (firhill). The official 2002 crowd was a joke. Auchinleck filled the old stand and had overspill in the end and we had a good 3.5-4K ourselves in the new stand.

2 minutes ago, xnxx said:

Why is it that the amatuer cup final is played at Hampden but the junior's isn't?

I'm assuming it's because of Queens Park being based there making it the home of amateur football.

Could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I totally agree with all you say and it was another poster who suggested Linlithgow and I think their capacity would be about 3,000 which as you say is not even close to being big enough . 

It should be at a senior ground for sure but out of interest would any junior ground be big enough to host it ? I'm thinking maybe the old petershill , old Benburb with their huge big stands  , Kilsyth If the huge stand was still in use maybe ? 

The ground record at Kilsyth is 8764 but that was in the days when the whole covered enclosure was in use and both ends were fully terraced. Official enclosure capacity is now 500 to ensure exemption from regulated stands legislation. realistically our capacity would now not exceed 3500. A final needs a seated stand for the bigwigs and sponsors, etc. No junior ground currently meets the required criteria. It would be a big comedown for the junior game if it was to be held at one of them.and I'm afraid a Senior venue it has to be.

Archived