Who will win junior cup

Rossiter blue

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would say Beith again. Playing really well at the moment , all depends on draw, this year has been similar to last years cup as lot of bigger teams being drawn against each other.. if i was to pick another team other than beith then id plump for Kelty... 

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

If Beith win it then that will make them legends of their time. They have the team to do it and its up to the rest of them to stop it.

It is incredibly difficult to retain the Scottish, only two clubs have ever managed it. I also think Beith's efforts in the Senior cup could have a bearing. It seems to sap the players. So, if they do it then yes they will be legends, but as much as I think they are a very good side, I'm not sure they are at Cambuslang 70s or Talbot 80s level yet.

I'd be amazed if we retained it as we know how difficult it even is to win once! We are also seen as the team to beat right now and our success in other competitions could hamper us. Although only 1 defeat so far this season and it was at Beechwood, with 10 men for half an hour and a midfielder in goals and only lost to a 93rd minute goal a GK would have saved so you just never know. Don't know much about East sides but if Talbot get past Pollok, they'll be there or thereabouts as usual.

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Would love nothing more than beith  to go all the way again but when I think of the SCOTTISH cup I think of Auchinleck Talbot right away . 

Talbot the favourites without a doubt for me . 

I suspect that this post isn't your real feelings on the matter.

34 minutes ago, lang said:

What two clubs Isabel?

Cambuslang 71 and 72, and Talbot 86, 87 and 88, and then Talbot again 91 and 92.

Burnbank Swifts and Ashfield also retained the cup in the late 1800s

Cambuslang 71 and 72, and Talbot 86, 87 and 88, and then Talbot again 91 and 92.

Burnbank Swifts and Ashfield also retained the cup in the late 1800s

And would have been 4 if it wasn't for the Meadow. P.S I knew the answer, just wanted a wee mention for us!

Archived