Who will win junior cup

Rossiter blue

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, manintheknow said:

Young right back to Largs and Martin has asked away. Looks like the usual problem of trying to fit 18 good players into 11 spots although both were regulars last season.

The 2 that are playing in there place are better players even though I rate the ones that left highly especially Martin Gutted that he has asked away After beating Kilwinning 9-0 they will probably win it The year Largs won it we beat them10-0 at the beginning of the season

Looking at my thread top 4 favourites is Kelty Bonnyrigg Beith Auchinleck Outside bets Glenafton , Rob Roy, Lochee Utd Linlithgow , Bo'ness . Next tier Kilsyth Petershill Couple of East teams thoughts guys??

Lochee united can beat anyone on their day but would be a really tall order for lochee to win Scottish. I really fancy kelty. Don't ever write Linlithgow off either

2 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Would make sense, Rugby Park and Livingstons ground seem to be the favourites the past few years. If 2 Glasgow teams met would it be Firhill?

I hope not!

Get the feeling most would want that to be at St Mirren (don't like it that much personally but it's always popular in these type of threads). 

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I hope not!

Get the feeling most would want that to be at St Mirren (don't like it that much personally but it's always popular in these type of threads). 

Why don't you like st mirren park.  Fantastic surface (grass).  Small stadium which has good atmosphere. Easy access for fans i.e. Trains buses cars. What's not to like 

I hope not!

Totally forgot about there! Probably would be where it would be seeing as Scotland woman's and youth teams use it.

Personally not a fan of it myself and I quite like Firhill. I realise that'll be an unpopular opinion though ha

The problem with the destination for the final is the gap between the end of the season in professional football and the Cup final. As many said last year St Mirren would have been the perfect venue for the final but their season ended in the first week of May while the final was 3 weeks later. So very little chance that a professional team would want to hold up close season work on their pitch for the junior final.

If Ayrshire final or team involved I think it's safe to say it will be Rugby park.

If two Glasgow sides as someone asked then Hamilton or Broadwood could be a venue

If east teams then likely Falkirk stadium

In summary I doubt we will see many finals played in grass in the future - but hope I am wrong.

Lochee united can beat anyone on their day but would be a really tall order for lochee to win Scottish. I really fancy kelty. Don't ever write Linlithgow off either

Linlithgow would need 4 or 5 new signings to have a chance. Nowhere near good enough at the moment.

12 minutes ago, superpollok said:

The problem with the destination for the final is the gap between the end of the season in professional football and the Cup final. As many said last year St Mirren would have been the perfect venue for the final but their season ended in the first week of May while the final was 3 weeks later. So very little chance that a professional team would want to hold up close season work on their pitch for the junior final.

If Ayrshire final or team involved I think it's safe to say it will be Rugby park.

If two Glasgow sides as someone asked then Hamilton or Broadwood could be a venue

If east teams then likely Falkirk stadium

In summary I doubt we will see many finals played in grass in the future - but hope I am wrong.

I think the date they are looking at is the 4th of June a week later than this year so we can safely say it will not be played on grass

2 minutes ago, maicoman said:

I think the date they are looking at is the 4th of June a week later than this year so we can safely say it will not be played on grass

As long as it's not Rugby Park again. Somewhere smaller with a bit of atmosphere!! Broadwood or Hamilton would be perfect size and centrally located!!!

Final should be at Linlithgow unless they get to the final. A good grass park jam packed and no money leaking out of the junior game. Would be a much better spectacle.

From a player point of view reaching the final must have the added glamour of playing At a senior ground. However from a spectator point of view I agree that using a good junior ground that can hold 3-4000 people would create an excellent atmosphere, mean the game is on grass and keep money in our game.

4 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Rob Roy v Kilsyth Rangers in the final, another last minute winner for the Roy emoji4.png if only eh lol

Naw you need to type that again and say " lucky" last minute winner :) what a final that would be, draw a bumper crowd, we can dream eh!

Archived