Pay What You can at the Gate - Gala Fairydean Rovers v East Stirlingshire

Soor Plooms

4 minutes ago, Soor Plooms said:

I agree WTM... it was a combination of East Stirlingshire's attack being on fire and us defending woefully.  (BTW... What does Bunny Bashers mean?) 

Oh, it's an old joke relating to the time of the laying of the 4G pitch when some rabbits got in the way & the club fell foul of Animal Aid & a number of other animal welfare charities when the pest exterminators were called in funded by the council. I could see the logic on both sides - once the 4G pitch was laid the bunnies incentive to be anywhere near the ground would vanish, but the problem they were causing was their wish to dig burrows everywhere & there was no guarantee they wouldn't simply try digging holes in the very expensive (at that time) 4G next.

Funny thing was that from being 5-0 down after 25min, Gala actually tightened things up, had a spell with a lot of possession and made a few chances - some feature in the highlights - and as the hour mark approached it was still 5-0 and some people were wondering if the game might peter-out... Gala had subbed one of their centre-halves after the first few goals, and it also seemed to help. Then in last 30min or so it all went to pieces again with another 5 - though they managed a well-taken goal of their own amidst the torrent at the other end.

Trying to find the previous score, I'd forgotten this was a postponed a few weeks ago in the first half of the season - return at Ochilview hasn't been played yet and is due on February 25th...

1 hour ago, Soor Plooms said:

I agree WTM... it was a combination of East Stirlingshire's attack being on fire and us defending woefully.  (BTW... What does Bunny Bashers mean?) 

How many defenders do Gala actually have ? It was hard to tell through the fog but I didn't recognise any of the back four?

I've noticed from watching Shire TV and being at a few games they always create a lot of chances in games, they will always score a few.

And since Jamie Barclay has arrived the goals against have dried up which is always a good combination.

Archived