Queens V Dumbarton

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is pretty desperate.

I've seen us play worse, but we're just so toothless.

This, although, like Tuesday night, their keeper kept them in it early on.

Despite playing reasonably well, though, we struggled to trouble him much after that.

Had it not been for an awful penalty decision we would have got a point but even that, given the dominance of possession, would have been a disappointing result.

There was at least one positive to take from today, though - Carmichael looked good on his return and lasted 90 minutes despite being "weeks away" from playing. 

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Despite playing reasonably well, though, we struggled to trouble him much after that.

Had it not been for an awful penalty decision we would have got a point but even that, given the dominance of possession, would have been a disappointing result.

There was at least one positive to take from today, though - Carmichael looked good on his return and lasted 90 minutes despite being "weeks away" from playing. 

Aye even their striker looked surprised when the ref gave it.

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes, Carmichael did quite well for the most part.

As for the penalty, it was just one of those where I've really no idea how justified or otherwise it was.  The tussle was sort of off the ball, and the first I knew, the bloke was on the deck.  He might have been fouled to get there, or it might just have been a tangle.

Softish, but until I see a replay, I can't say more.  You sound a lot more certain.  What did you see?

As for the penalty, it was just one of those where I've really no idea how justified or otherwise it was.  The tussle was sort of off the ball, and the first I knew, the bloke was on the deck.  He might have been fouled to get there, or it might just have been a tangle.

Softish, but until I see a replay, I can't say more.  You sound a lot more certain.  What did you see?

Obviously we were pretty far away from it, but my thoughts were that it was the type that technically, by the letter of the law, are penalties, but that are very rarely actually given.

Anyway, yas. Stevo with a stupendous strike, Aldo with plenty more belting saves and a player born in the year 2000 coming on. What a time to be alive.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I saw two players come together and one fall over. I'd like to see it again, too, but I didnt see an obvious push or barge

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Obviously we were pretty far away from it, but my thoughts were that it was the type that technically, by the letter of the law, are penalties, but that are very rarely actually given.

Anyway, yas. Stevo with a stupendous strike, Aldo with plenty more belting saves and a player born in the year 2000 coming on. What a time to be alive.

We were a bit slow to press for the first goal, but it was a terrific strike.

I thought the bloke who hauled down Dykes in the first half was lucky to stay on.  It appeared to be a clear goalscoring opportunity as he'd have been clean through.

I also thought we might have got a Softish penalty of our own in the second half when, again Dykes I think, had his shirt pulled.

In the same way that good sides can still find ways to win when outplayed though, we seem able to lose right now, even in games where we match sides or like today, dominate.

Archived