Queens V Dumbarton

This really is a big game for us.

We can get our season going again with a win 

Our league form is very poor losing our last 5 league games scoring 1 goal and conceding 15.

Hopefully a new manager will be appointed before the game and that we don,t  pick  up any more injuries.

When will Carmichael and Hilson be back take it this game is too soon for them.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I absolutely cannot wait for this.

Queen of the South 1 (Higgins, 41) Dumbarton 0

The only goal will be a header from a corner.

Neither team will create very many chances. Queens will have three shots on target - one good one, two low ones. We will have one - a Garry Fleming header which is easily held by Lee Robinson.

We will not string more than four passes together in a row. The Queens' centre-backs will just stand in the same spot and header long balls as a result.

Stevie Aitken will say "Obviously I'm not pleased with the scoreline, but the result and performance were right there. When we play against a side with the budget that Queen of the South have then we can't be expected to win, so I'm glad we kept it to just 1-0. The injury situation at the moment is making it very difficult for us, but I'm looking into the free agent market, so we might see some movement there"

"Credit to our players though, they trained hard all week and put in a great showing against a Premiership quality side who will be right up there at the end of the season. Bonnyrigg next up will be tough, we know that, but we're hopeful we might be able to take it to penalties. They are a top, top side and with our injury crisis we'll do well to just field a team that can compete with them".

ATT: 1106 (43 away)

Well I absolutely cannot wait for this.

Queen of the South 1 (Higgins, 41) Dumbarton 0

The only goal will be a header from a corner.

Neither team will create very many chances. Queens will have three shots on target - one good one, two low ones. We will have one - a Garry Fleming header which is easily held by Lee Robinson.

We will not string more than four passes together in a row. The Queens' centre-backs will just stand in the same spot and header long balls as a result.

Stevie Aitken will say "Obviously I'm not pleased with the scoreline, but the result and performance were right there. When we play against a side with the budget that Queen of the South have then we can't be expected to win, so I'm glad we kept it to just 1-0. The injury situation at the moment is making it very difficult for us, but I'm looking into the free agent market, so we might see some movement there"

"Credit to our players though, they trained hard all week and put in a great showing against a Premiership quality side who will be right up there at the end of the season. Bonnyrigg next up will be tough, we know that, but we're hopeful we might be able to take it to penalties. They are a top, top side and with our injury crisis we'll do well to just field a team that can compete with them".

ATT: 1106 (43 away)

:lol:

I remember when you used to be relatively optimistic. :lol:

58 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

#textbook

I hope Aitken displays a sense of humour by learning this word for word and making it his post-match interview.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm going to go against the grain here and predict we'll pump these sorry Borderer rumour denying bawbags. 

0-1.

ftfy

Archived