Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen much of City player John Dunn lately. Don't know what's happened to him but I'd expect the teams to be along similar lines to our encounter on October 1st. Craig Beattie has been out too after an injury so we'd expect the two Rosses, Guthrie and Allum to replace Dunn and Beattie from that original teamsheet.

Teamsheet Edinburgh City v ArbroathCtr7P-XWgAAVrHO.jpg

14 hours ago, timlichtie said:

I'm glad not to see Beattie after his passing display last time. Expect Edinburgh to defend deep and use the Karate Kid on the break.

Would be happy to see See at Gayfield next season. Sure he'll be a wanted man.

a FEW YEARS AGO SHIRE GAME at ARBROATH WAS CALLED OFF BECAUSE OF A SMALL BREAZE . IT JUST HAPPENED THE WEEK BEFORE a TOP LEAGUE GAME HAD BEEN CALLED OFF FOR A STRONG WIND . RUMOUR HAD IT HE MATCH REF WAS TOLD TO GET BACK EARLY to GO ( XMAS ? ) SHOPPING WITH THE WIFE !

IN REALITY THE MATCH REF ASKED THE HOME KEEPER TO TAKE SOME GOAL KICKS AGAINST THE WIND . HE COULD NOT MAKE THE PENALTY SPOT LET ALONE MAKING 18 YARDS & WHEN HE TRIED TO PASS SIDE WAY IT JUST BLEW OVER THE GOAL LINE FOR a " CORNER " .

PLUS SIDE IT MEANT A FEW EXTRA HOURS IN THE TUTTIES !! :):thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

WAS GOING TO COME UP FOR THE GAME as SHIRE HAD a BLANK SATURDAY BUT THAT NASTY BAXTER MAN REARRANGED THE SHIRE TO BE AT GALA on 3rd:thumbsdown:(

Remember a game getting called off with not much more than 10 minutes left against shire. The shire goalie took a goal kick and ended up tipping it over the bar. Sure it should have been a foul!

Not sure what that's got to do with this game though as no strong winds forecast for tomorrow. Should be a tropical 5c with wind around 6mph not even strong enough to blow your bonnet off yer heid

Would be inclined to give Dunlop a go here with Hamilton and keep Sukur at Left back mainly down to the fact that Sukur has been doing really well there and I am not overly keen on Philips.

Phillips hasn't put a foot wrong. Suker inside with Hammy and Phillips at LB should be the call here

Would be inclined to give Dunlop a go here with Hamilton and keep Sukur at Left back mainly down to the fact that Sukur has been doing really well there and I am not overly keen on Philips.

are you insane, Dunlop, really

Archived