Accies v Thistle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald: "We thought at the time Chris Erskine was onside and we watched the footage back and he is. It's a very poor decision from the linesman.

"Very disappointing. That's what they're paid to do and we've come away with one point instead of three because of it.

FFS IT WAS ONSIDE 

Really bad game. Didn't seem to be any enjoyment from either set of fans. I really want to see Booth's goal again as I didn't think Erskine was offisde in the build up. Every game between us is a scoring draw. Our defence was diabolical for D'acol's opening goal no communication. Barton fantastic as usual. Azeez I have finally lost patience with. Thought Ziggy wasn't too bad decent performance. Welsh made up for his nightmare performance with the goal. 

I think you're wrong regarding Welsh. He was caught in possession on a few scary occasions but other than that played very well. It seems the guy can do no right whatsoever in minds of some Thistle fans.
I agree with you on Azeez though, I'm afraid the boy just isn't up to it.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I think you're wrong regarding Welsh. He was caught in possession on a few scary occasions but other than that played very well. It seems the guy can do no right whatsoever in minds of some Thistle fans.
I agree with you on Azeez though, I'm afraid the boy just isn't up to it.

No I completely agree with you about how he is often a scapegoat/is always in the wrong. You never know what your going to get with him. He can go in a brilliant run pick out a pass then 2 minutes later lose possession. But I still think he's a good player. 

I like the fact that Welsh is never posted missing. Even if he or the team is having one of those games he'll continue to take on responsibility in midfield when other heads have dropped. A good guy in my unpopular opinion.

3 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I must have looked like a right dafty the day, I thought Doolan's header was in and I celebrated that chopped off goal.

I celebrated 4 goals- the actual goal, those two and the one Elliott hit the side netting after running the length of the pitch and losing the ball 3 times only for Accies to give it back to him every time. The offside goal looked tight but obviously impossible to judge from behind the goal. Think the goal we lost was just piss weak from Lindsay but 9/10 defenders do get the benefit of the doubt for that sort of foul.

25 minutes ago, Walter said:

I like the fact that Welsh is never posted missing. Even if he or the team is having one of those games he'll continue to take on responsibility in midfield when other heads have dropped. A good guy in my unpopular opinion.

Responsibility and 174 touches where 2 will do are not a good combination, fair fucks he took the goal well (we'll say nothing about his other terrible efforts at goal) but even a St Johnstone fan posted last week that anytime he sees Thistle, Welsh gives a chance away by being out-muscled and facing his own goal, Peak one today where he got the ball about 12 yards out to the side of the Accies box, ran 20 yards towards his own goal, got dispossessed and it ended up with what looked a reasonable penalty appeal for Hamilton. Unfortunately until Bannigan is back there's no one that can really replace him.

Abysmal first half, decent second, Erskine made a difference. I don't hate Azeez as much as others but in addition to never being able to score 1-on-1 he gives away a Gerry Britton level number of fouls every game when there's no need to. Edwards had a good game coming from someone who doesn't really rate him and once Dumbuya is back Gordon will be our 3d best right back so that move to Real Madrid might have to wait a bit.

Prediction for the next 3 games: W0 D0 L3 F1 (87th minute consolation vs Celtic at Firhill) A 11

Merry fucking Christmas.

Though Thistle played better than many of their fans are saying. You looked like scoring every time you got near our goal in the second half. I like Edwards, he had a far better game than Crawford. You weren't even that bad in the first half. We rarely got into your box. You were very solid and are a bigger team physically than us.

Looks like we have a duff linesman to thank for a point for the second week in a row!

20 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Though Thistle played better than many of their fans are saying. You looked like scoring every time you got near our goal in the second half. I like Edwards, he had a far better game than Crawford. You weren't even that bad in the first half. We rarely got into your box. You were very solid and are a bigger team physically than us.

Looks like we have a duff linesman to thank for a point for the second week in a row!

Wow that is honest. Respect 

24 minutes ago, Owsley said:

You're giving us far more credit than we're due.

We're really shite.

Just watched the youtube highlights, the Booth disallowed goal was onside but it is tight and can see why it was given at full speed.

Seaborne punching the ball away in the first half though, not so forgivable from the officials.

Azeez's miss, man, it looked close from the other end but that's murder.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

it was no where near close :lol: why did he try to chip it?

Because he's terrible at football. He tried to do the same vs Aberdeen and didn't get it above head height so massively over compensated this time.

I genuinely don't think league positions mean anything at the moment - it's all too tight to judge.
I do, however, feel that we may be adrift come Hogmanay: Celtic, then Rangers, the Celtic, then Aberdeen really will kill us.

I genuinely don't think league positions mean anything at the moment - it's all too tight to judge.
I do, however, feel that we may be adrift come Hogmanay: Celtic, then Rangers, the Celtic, then Aberdeen really will kill us.

We've got a bad wee run too mate. Celtic then Hearts. That's a play 2.. zero points

We've got a bad wee run too mate. Celtic then Hearts. That's a play 2.. zero points

Other than against Celtic, we are all capable of taking points off of each other. The problem with us is that those points are very seldom wins :lol:

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Because he's terrible at football. He tried to do the same vs Aberdeen and didn't get it above head height so massively over compensated this time.

The worst of the lot was when he did the exact same thing in the final seconds at Killie away, which would have won the game.

Archived