Official "The Pack" Thread

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Cool, I only took a stab in the dark with Gretna lol

Not sure if Livingstons right either. Just remember they were 4th or 5th one season when Fernandez was there and we finished 7th but had more points than them iirc.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

Not sure if Livingstons right either. Just remember they were 4th or 5th one season when Fernandez was there and we finished 7th but had more points than them iirc.

They finished 3rd in 2001/02, then finished 9th the next season.

Gretna never finished in the top half.

• 3 weeks later...

With Partick Thistle now officially left the pack to chase down Hearts in the top 6, it leaves the question who will finish top, who will end up in the play off and who will go down. Most teams will be looking to make themselves safe from automatic relegation, Kilmarnock probably only need one more win or three draws out of the last 6 games to achieve this. County likewise only need one more win and a couple of draws to be safe . Anyone who thinks we will win four out of the next six games really needs to have a reality check.

Massive games coming up next Saturday, Dundee v Hamilton and Motherwell v Inverness. A win for either Dundee or Hamilton should see that team safe from the automatic drop, Motherwell should be safe if they beat us.

Looks like its heading for a five way battle to stay out of the playoff, could come down to the last weekend of the season and goal difference.

I think ICT are doomed to automatic relegation, I'd love to be wrong about that, but I can't see how they are going to close a four point gap in six games.

The playoff place could go down to goal difference and I think it'll be down to Dundee and Hamilton. Motherwell, County and Killie should be safe within a game or two of the split.

5 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I think ICT are doomed to automatic relegation, I'd love to be wrong about that, but I can't see how they are going to close a four point gap in six games.

The playoff place could go down to goal difference and I think it'll be down to Dundee and Hamilton. Motherwell, County and Killie should be safe within a game or two of the split.

Did you see enough yesterday to convince you that Motherwell will finish clear of the play off spot?

Yes. They had enough fight in the second half to make me think they'd pick up enough points. Don't get me wrong, their defence was poor (size over tactical ability) in the first half especially, and Pearson isn't half the player he was, but they are still dangerous enough to create chances, and will take enough - especially when Moult returns.

Of course, I could be totally and utterly wrong!

1 minute ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Yes. They had enough fight in the second half to make me think they'd pick up enough points. Don't get me wrong, their defence was poor (size over tactical ability) in the first half especially, and Pearson isn't half the player he was, but they are still dangerous enough to create chances, and will take enough - especially when Moult returns.

Of course, I could be totally and utterly wrong!

Their form over the last 10 league games is worse than us and they have scored the same amount of goals as us as well. I think they will huff and puff their way to safety probably just being piped for playoff safety by Dundee. But I think there is more than enough to take care of what ever team plays them in the play off final, same goes for Dundee.

It just crossed my mind that our best defender who's missed most of the season and we have really missed him could end up at Motherwell next season, Josh Meekings.

9 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

I just hope that Kilmarnock don't do anything undignified or unseemly at home v Hearts tomorrow. They seem to be talking about lifting 3 points from the jolly Jambos.

They're getting as bad as the Jags, no pack mentality...

Archived