Official "The Pack" Thread

I looked at the fixtures last week for someone and agree with the projections above but they've managed to go nearly two decades without giving the Old Firm anything but 19/19, so can't see them starting now. In 2011/12, they swapped four of Saints' five games around when there was no requirement to avoid such a thing happening and give us the 18/20 split, despite the fact, IIRC, that the fixtures fell so that giving it so Celtic involved much less shuffling and they had the league won, whilst Saints were right in the battle for Euro places.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the list of uneven splits since it's introduction. They claim they try to balance it up, although as hinted at above, I'm sceptical as to whether the Old Firm would ever be impacted.

20/18 Splits

3 occasions:

• Aberdeen (05/06, 07/08, 09/10)

1 occasion:

• St Johnstone (01/02)
  • ICT (04/05)
  • Falkirk (06/07)
  • Killie (11/12)
  • Hibernian (13/14)
  • Dundee (14/15)

18/20 Splits

2 occasions:

• Aberdeen (04/05, 13/14)
  • Killie (06/07, 14/15)

1 occasion:

• Livingston (01/02)
  • ICT (05/06)
  • Gretna (07/08)
  • Motherwell (09/10)
  • St Johnstone (11/12)

On 3/6/2017 at 14:00, Ya Bezzer! said:

Your Handy Points/Chance of Finishing 1 pt above 11th Chart (based on league tables since 2000-2001).

42 pts - 100% chance of finishing 1 point above 11th.

41 pts - 94%

40 pts - 81%

39 pts - 81%

38 pts - 75%

37 pts - 69%

36 pts - 56%

35 pts - 50%

34 pts - 44%

33 pts - 7%

32 pts - 0%

So, for example, based on points totals from the past 16 seasons, Inverness would require to win 13 points from the available 33 points to have a 50% chance of finishing outside the bottom two.

So, beating Inverness and Accies twice, and three points from anywhere else? Easy...

Dunno whether it's best here or in a new thread but I had a look at the projected top 6 / bottom 6 post split fixtures. I've taken the brave assumption that one of Thistle, Killie, or Dundee will occupy 6th spot come 16th April, and the less brave assumption that the current top 5 will also be there.

I've done this every year since we've come up and there seems to be a huge amount of swaps this year, I'm guessing because Rangers took over Dundee United's fixtures?

Anyway, attached top 6 and bottom 6 fixtures due with what I would think would be the easiest methods of equalising fixtures but if Thistle or Dundee finish top 6 then I can't see a way to get it 19-19 for everyone. In both screenshots the top table is if Thistle finish 6th, then Killie , then Dundee.

58ce6e2f9d1a1_top6.PNG.037b0aecf4055553150a8e3e30c305bb.PNG

58ce6e4038b2f_bottom6.PNG.0de7d40f538884fe8600aeaef10533b2.PNG

That's exactly what happened to Killie. We've played one game more away from home in 2 of the last 3 seasons....

Here is the list of uneven splits since it's introduction. They claim they try to balance it up, although as hinted at above, I'm sceptical as to whether the Old Firm would ever be impacted.
20/18 Splits
3 occasions:
  • Aberdeen (05/06, 07/08, 09/10)
1 occasion:
  • St Johnstone (01/02)
  • ICT (04/05)
  • Falkirk (06/07)
  • Killie (11/12)
  • Hibernian (13/14)
  • Dundee (14/15)
18/20 Splits
2 occasions:
  • Aberdeen (04/05, 13/14)
  • Killie (06/07, 14/15)
1 occasion:
  • Livingston (01/02)
  • ICT (05/06)
  • Gretna (07/08)
  • Motherwell (09/10)
  • St Johnstone (11/12)

You'll notice that of all the clubs fucked over by the split only two have never been relegated since the split was brought in.

That's what big clubs do.

Quick quiz question about the split:

Name one club who finished top 6 and never played a top flight game again?

You'll notice that of all the clubs fucked over by the split only two have never been relegated since the split was brought in.

Rangers.

4 hours ago, thistledo said:

County v Thistle in April is a massive six pointer, win for County and I could see a top six challenge from them. But absolutely no chance if we beat them. 

County optimistically need to win three of the four remaining games, because their last pre-game split is vs Celtic, with Thistle and others shitting the bed.  The fairytale is over for this season I'm afraid. 

20 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

I trust you'll do the decent thing then, and roll over to have your tummies tickled.

Just try a little harder in the last ten minutes, we'll defo give you a goal at least.

18 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

County optimistically need to win three of the four remaining games, because their last pre-game split is vs Celtic, with Thistle and others shitting the bed.  The fairytale is over for this season I'm afraid. 

Next three games are all very winnable IMO. 

18 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Just try a little harder in the last ten minutes, we'll defo give you a goal at least.

Next three games are all very winnable IMO. 

Partick Thistle (A) Dundee (H) Hamilton (A) 

Hmmmm I'd settle for not losing any of them tbh

Gretna ?

Archived