Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

CALDERON

Confirmed - Albion Rovers v Celtic and Sevco v Motherwell, in addition to Raith v Hearts.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16675&newsCategoryID=1

I don't buy the "all top-flight game" argument. Sky show "all top-flight games" nearly every week; the Cup should be a chance to show something different. 

They are showing something a bit different, they're showing two lower-league teams against top-flight clubs as well.

I think the ties chosen provide a decent mix.

They do, undoubtedly, choose too many games including the teams from Govan/Parkhead, but I think it's fair enough on this occasion.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They are showing something a bit different, they're showing two lower-league teams against top-flight clubs as well.

I think the ties chosen provide a decent mix.

They do, undoubtedly, choose too many games including the teams from Govan/Parkhead, but I think it's fair enough on this occasion.

But your justification for Sky picking Sevco v Motherwell was that it's an all top-flight game, regardless of the other picks.

A game being "all top-flight" should not be the only reason it's shown.

3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Celtic and Rangers are almost always going to be shown no matter who they play.

Down to viewing figures for the TV companies sadly. There was something like 250,000 folk watched our cup game on Sky at Ibrox last season.

It's not strictly true that Celtic will always be shown. When they've been drawn at home (which is rarely, admittedly) their game hasn't always been a given - certainly, their tie against Dundee in 2008 wasn't live.

But Sevco are different. They seem to now be shown regardless of who they're playing and where. 

It's not strictly true that Celtic will always be shown. When they've been drawn at home (which is rarely, admittedly) their game hasn't always been a given - certainly, their tie against Dundee in 2008 wasn't live.

But Sevco are different. They seem to now be shown regardless of who they're playing and where. 

Thats why i said almost, i know a few Celtic games havent been shown.

Archived