50 Greatest Games of all time - P&B decides

Dindeleux

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the uncharted collection but struggled to get through the first one. It's not ages very well and is very clunky. When you compare it to Gears of War, which was out around the same time, the 3rd person shooting is poor. It didn't really leave much of an impression and I can't remember much of the plot.

Pushing the conversation back to Fallout 3...................I'm still not really feeling it.  My main issue is the fact that a lot of it is underground and I get lost quite easily.  I have worked out how to use the radar markers a bit better the last few days to move my way around but I'm not really enjoying the enviroment.
With Fallout 4 I was actually holding off on doing the main quests because I enjoyed the game so much that I didn't want it to end.  With FO3 I'm finding myself not really caring about the story or the city and just battering through trying to complete it.

I went back and played it and probably coasted through on nostalgia if I'm honest. It's a spectacularly ugly game and the mechanics are shite. It's still a much better written game than 4 though.

I went back and played it and probably coasted through on nostalgia if I'm honest. It's a spectacularly ugly game and the mechanics are shite. It's still a much better written game than 4 though.

Apart from the added dialogue options I don't really see it.

I think the settlement building in FO4, which I enjoyed, meant that locations around the map meant more to me. Also I did some checks on the Fallout wiki last night and it seems like I've done almost all of the main quest.

Just the missions have more options in how you play them story wise and I found the dark humour much more pronounced and funny. Fallout 4 feels like a proper survival game to me and I play it like that. I've completely ignored the story this time and I'm just trying to build the settlements so I can save more frequently when exploring. It's good.

The Fallout 4 main storyline is awful. I didn't give a shit about Shaun, and when instead of saving your son you're wandering about recycling tyres and building fences, it's utterly meaningless.

New Vegas story shits on it, from a height.

• 2 months later...
So as TLOU was getting more and more hype on this thread over the last few weeks I went and bought it and have given it a go. It is not my typical game and I am struggling to get past a bit with about 5 clickers (first one has his back to you). To be honest I am on the verge of sacking it but the love in on here might force me into one more go.

TLOU update: After bring encouraged by several of you (in response to my post above) to persevere, I can now confirm that I made it past this tricky section and was rewarded with the most wonderful, varied, tense computer game experience I have ever enjoyed. I completed the game today and am now a fully signed up member of the TLOU fanboy club. I haven't started left behind yet so have that to look forward to.

(NB: Still struggling with the very difficult combat system in witcher 3!!!!)

Archived