Dindeleux

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. The Last of Us
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. Final Fantasy VII
  4. Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
  5. The Walking Dead (Telltale Games, series one)
  6. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  7. Metal Gear Solid
  8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  9. Final Fantasy X
  10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

And that's an honest-to-goodness shoot!

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Of course!

Am I the only one who really struggled to get into The Last of Us??

I liked it, and it remains a very good game, but I don't think it would really crack into a top 10 of mine.  I can't praise it as highly as some seem to.  As a linear, single-player story-driven experience, it's probably one of the best.

41 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Of course!

I found it overrated. Enjoyed the game and one of the few that I kept playing until the end but it was too linear for me and I preferred the MP.  I don't like the Bioshocks that much either for the same reason.

This is going to be one of these lists where the top placed entries have around 3 votes. 

As I think more about this point I feel that I shouldn't commit to a top 50 and instead should look to rule out the 1 vote games (if I get any) and make it a top 25 or however many games get at least 2 mentions. What are the thoughts on this?

I haven't even looked at any messages yet so it may not be a concern but I just thought I'd get the feels around this approach?

30 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

As I think more about this point I feel that I shouldn't commit to a top 50 and instead should look to rule out the 1 vote games (if I get any) and make it a top 25 or however many games get at least 2 mentions. What are the thoughts on this?

I haven't even looked at any messages yet so it may not be a concern but I just thought I'd get the feels around this approach?

Don't see any point in putting up ones with just one vote, then pretty much anything will get in.  *puts No Man's Sky on the list*

See how it goes - from memory of when I did it, I don't think I had too many problems with it and managed to get a top 50 (I think) without needing to cross off one-voters.  I did count series as one entry though, so that could really dilute things.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Of course!

I tried it and couldn't get into it. At the time I was getting pretty tired of all the zombie stuff on TV / film / games.

I played it again after a few months and loved it. Give it another go.

Have just listed everything that I've received via PM. For those who posted a list in here again please PM it to me - I will make an effort to cross check back on your posts but it would be easier if you could just send a message.

Some observations from what I have:

105 unique entries

Some of the variety in timelines has been great although I did expect as much.

One game at the moment has the highest number of nominations- 6 at present. However just based on a quick glance it hasn't received high scores from many.

A couple of names haven't appeared yet which have shocked me.

One game received more than one vote but has had a perfect 10 average based on its votes.

I haven't filtered my spreadsheet yet to see what is leading but it looks quite tight just based on a quick glance over scores.

14 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Have just listed everything that I've received via PM. For those who posted a list in here again please PM it to me - I will make an effort to cross check back on your posts but it would be easier if you could just send a message.

Some observations from what I have:

105 unique entries

Some of the variety in timelines has been great although I did expect as much.

One game at the moment has the highest number of nominations- 6 at present. However just based on a quick glance it hasn't received high scores from many.

A couple of names haven't appeared yet which have shocked me.

One game received more than one vote but has had a perfect 10 average based on its votes.

I haven't filtered my spreadsheet yet to see what is leading but it looks quite tight just based on a quick glance over scores.

How're you scoring it?

First place - 10 points

Second place - 9 points

etc?

9 hours ago, banana said:

Good man!

Felt like placing it 1st, then the other 9 tied 10th, such is the gap :thumsup2

Never played this, but Wipeout 2 for me is without doubt way ahead of anything other racer. But such a rage-inducing game that I couldn't bring myself to place it top 10.

Didn't expect to see this here, some call! Can still remember the theme tune. Dooo dooo dooo dooo do-dodo dodo dooo do! Wait, or was that Double Dragon?

Quality tunage.

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

How many entries have you had? Perhaps twenty from each voter would help separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Anyway, there's no danger that anyone else has put in demolition racer or secret weapons over Normandy so not expecting mines to chart very high.

12 hours ago, banana said:

Anyone play this on PlayStation... with a control pad? emoji23.png

Considered putting it in, but Warcraft 3 takes the RTS crown imo.

yup, amazing game given it used a control pad, always remember the final GDI mission lagging like hell when you took your brigade of mammoth tanks and basically ripped apart everything classed as NOD

How many entries have you had? Perhaps twenty from each voter would help separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Anyway, there's no danger that anyone else has put in demolition racer or secret weapons over Normandy so not expecting mines to chart very high.

The last time this was done on here was 2012 and it was your top 20 you had to provide. Guessing that might increase the number of games with one vote.

Will need to have a proper think about it and whittle down the below list.

Master System - Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Mega Drive - Golden Axe, Speedball 2, Toe Jam and Earl, Chaos Engine, SWOS, Desert Strike, Alien 3, Fifa 94, Cannon Fodder

Amiga - Secret of Monkey Island

PS1 - Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 7, Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angles, Syndicate Wars, Star Wars Dark Forces, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Syphon Filter, Broken Sword: Shadow of the night templar

PS2 - Grand Theft Auto 3, Pro Evo, Freedom Fighters, Pscyonaughts

XBOX 360 - Bioshock, Mass Effect 2, Gears of War, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Xcom Enemy Within

PS4 - Last of Us, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Fallout 4

Archived