Losing at life - The P&B Definition

sjc

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was in the middle of catching up.  still had 10 pages to go.  

roundup please?

Escalation. There was also a horrendous psychotic message sent out about a P+B couple (at the time) threatening to inform employers. One of the mods has been implicated in a cover up. Swampy came back and accused 8milebu. I think it's Grimbo.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Escalation. There was also a horrendous psychotic message sent out about a P+B couple (at the time) threatening to inform employers. One of the mods has been implicated in a cover up. Swampy came back and accused 8milebu. I think it's Grimbo.

No wonder the threads gone if a miss involved.  itzdrk 4 mod.  sort this oot. 

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

8Mile also tried to organise a dotting campaign against posters. This was revealed in a humiliating screen shot of his pm.

I was on that page and when I moved onward it was gone. 

IMG_0571.PNG.ec3eb0a431919e5e73899ba8302ac08f.PNG

10 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Laughed out loud at his recent comment (in the deleted thread, RIP) "have I achieved my posting goals today?"

Never change PB, never change mate.

You can normally judge the quality of a poster based on whether or not they appreciate the postings of PB. You get the thick cretins who go 'remember when you pretended you owned a house in Perthshire and posted it on the forum, you fantasist!!!!!'. It's sad to see, but as I said, I find it a useful tool when categorising the angry old men.

Adam posted an old message (originally sent to somebody else but passed on to him) about how he should be reported to his work for being a "junkie alki". Thinking this was a fucking weird bit of language, I checked whether anyone on here had used it and 8Mile was the only user in the history of the forum who had, twice. After that was posted, a user PM'd me to say they were convinced and had received a PM from Milesy on Friday about taking Bobby Skidmarks "down a peg or two". With the poster's permission that was posted and the thread went a page or two later.

Tbf Adam's message was someone encouraging another poster to grass on him, so I wouldn't say Milesy is definitely the one who emailed Bobby's work. Free money involved though.

13 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You can normally judge the quality of a poster based on whether or not they appreciate the postings of PB. You get the thick cretins who go 'remember when you pretended you owned a house in Perthshire and posted it on the forum, you fantasist!!!!!'. It's sad to see, but as I said, I find it a useful tool when categorising the angry old men.

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones".   Not my words Bonky but uplifted from proverb 16:24.   

Now at four- twenty four,  I'm normally glued to a television set ( not literally ) to see if my £10 weekly Accumulator has come in.   You'll note I didn't use the abbreviation "Acca" because I've a 3-figure IQ.   To complement my 5 figure income.   

Reading back that quote I plucked from google, its shite.   But It would make an excellent catchphrase for Crunchie bars.   As you know I'm still off the chocs on my quavers diet.  

#perth

#shire

#perthshire 

15 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

A)  Yewtree  
B)  Not Yewtree 

On 26/11/2016 at 14:40, Shotgun said:

The Scottish-American naturalist John Muir, famous for living a frugal lifestyle, once said "I'm richer than John D. Rockefeller because I have all the money I need whereas he does not."

Good sentiments but his wife's family had a fair amount of money and she ran the family business while he was swanning about Yellowstone or wherever for 6 months or more of every year as well as bringing up their kids.

2 hours ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones".   Not my words Bonky but uplifted from proverb 16:24.   

Now at four- twenty four,  I'm normally glued to a television set ( not literally ) to see if my £10 weekly Accumulator has come in.   You'll note I didn't use the abbreviation "Acca" because I've a 3-figure IQ.   To complement my 5 figure income.   

Reading back that quote I plucked from google, its shite.   But It would make an excellent catchphrase for Crunchie bars.   As you know I'm still off the chocs on my quavers diet.  

#perth

#shire

#perthshire 

10 grand a year as a part-time shelf stacker at the Co-Op is my guess.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 04:16, sjc said:

The term "losing at life" is bandied about a fair bit on this forum (particularly by vT) and it got me thinking how this could be determined on an anonymous forum? Even if it were, what would the parameters be?

• Financial status?
  • Job title and earnings? 
  • Chatel ownership? Houses, cars etc
  • Education? Phd, Degree, University of lifer
  • Intelligence? Common sense
  • Political views? 
  • Football team and how successful they are?
  • General happiness?
  • Health?
  • Looks?
  • Relationship status?
  • P&B Status? Popularity/Reputation?

Is there anything else that should be considered towards a Poster being deemed one of lifes losers on P&B or perhaps the term is just used as a put down because of a general dislike for the recipient and the need for the accuser to feel superior?

Personally, I have no great interest in peoples life "status" much like Posters popularity or reputations but it clearly does to some and I'd be interested to hear what the P&B masses think....

Ignore the bullet points, ignore the discussions on education, salary or status. This is all that need be considered:

20 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I still have this one

2e170d932bdd05dd8e1937b5ceb5fb2d.jpg

Archived