Historic child abuse in football

Miguel Sanchez

1 minute ago, THE KING said:

Rangers fans are champing at the bit to hear Celtic get mentioned.

It's funny because I titled the thread "in English football" and it's you and the drunk making passive aggressive posts of varying levels of intelligence and subtlety bringing it back to this shite. f**k off you tedious p***k.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's funny because I titled the thread "in English football" and it's you and the drunk making passive aggressive posts of varying levels of intelligence and subtlety bringing it back to this shite. f**k off you tedious p***k.

It's funny because I was replying to someone talking about Scottish football.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Barry Bennell charged with more counts of child sex abuse.

Police Scotland confirm that they have received reports of historic sex abuse.

I think the Bennell case is highlighting the way forward for victims in abuse cases, keep having a handful popping up after the scumbags are released, a wee neverending groundhog day routine will at least grind the fuckers into the ground.

Bristow didn't half make an arse of himself this morning. 

I don't really know why he went on, it was almost impossible to extricate himself from the situation he put himself in.

Instead of turning up with a teaspoon he decides it's a good idea to turn up with a fleet of JCB's.

He'd have gotten away with the "I'd have kicked their c**t in when I was bigger" part if he was aware enough to have added the all important but about the enormous amount of mental turmoil suffered and the fact that the victims will feel worthless/frightened/ashamed/controlled etc, instead he decided to follow it up with the real men v wimp shite.

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It is, but given the papers are reporting that 3 clubs in Scotland are being investigated, it definitely now seems to be more than just an English football issue.

Bristow didn't half make an arse of himself this morning. 

I don't really know why he went on, it was almost impossible to extricate himself from the situation he put himself in.

Instead of turning up with a teaspoon he decides it's a good idea to turn up with a fleet of JCB's.

He'd have gotten away with the "I'd have kicked their c**t in when I was bigger" part if he was aware enough to have added the all important but about the enormous amount of mental turmoil suffered and the fact that the victims will feel worthless/frightened/ashamed/controlled etc, instead he decided to follow it up with the real men v wimp shite.

BBC reporting that Bristow had been willing to speak to them about his comments but his agent had demanded £5k ! Hard to believe that he is actually trying to profit from this. Thoroughly scummy stuff.

1 hour ago, Cornetto said:

Would be amazed if they're not Hearts, Rangers and Celtic. All three have had known noncing scandals.

The situation at Celtic is well known, given McCann when he took over ensured it was investigated and dealt with by the police.

Hearts I can only think of the boy who was doing the online grooming, as well as Graham Rix being appointed manager, but those situations would seem entirely different to what is being disclosed in England. What are the known scandals at Rangers and Hearts(If not the things I have mentioned)?

17 minutes ago, dogmc said:

BBC reporting that Bristow had been willing to speak to them about his comments but his agent had demanded £5k ! Hard to believe that he is actually trying to profit from this. Thoroughly scummy stuff.

The biggest shock for me in all this is finding out that Bristow is only 59. I had him pegged as at least 10 years older.

26 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Unfortunately when we're talking celebrity anything is believable, I'm not even clouding my judgement or anything like that because I dislike Bristow, I was one of those that actually liked him back in the day, I appreciated him for his darts as I spent 8 hours a day for years practising and couldn't get to that level.

I think his brain must be addled after years of bevvying as he used to be as sharp as a tack.

1 hour ago, Cornetto said:

Would be amazed if they're not Hearts, Rangers and Celtic. All three have had known noncing scandals.

I'd be amazed if it was only 3 clubs and I don't think anyone should assume that their club isn't one of them.

17 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The biggest shock for me in all this is finding out that Bristow is only 59. I had him pegged as at least 10 years older.

If you'd spent 40 or 50 years smoking and drinking all the time you'd probably look a bit older as well.

7 hours ago, dogmc said:

It also reported that he intended to give the money to charity.  Did you not read that far or did you just leave it out?

It also reported that he intended to give the money to charity.  Did you not read that far or did you just leave it out?

Made no mention of that on bbc website this morning ! Pretty difficult to read something and miss it out if it's not there to begin with! Why would he ask bbc for money then give it to charity?? Why not ask the bbc to donate it directly?? In fact why should bbc make a donation? Why couldn't Bristow have made a donation out of his own pocket since he was the one who was making disgusting statements? That's assuming the charity thing isn't an afterthought when his agent saw the original bbc report making his demands

4 hours ago, dogmc said:

Made no mention of that on bbc website this morning ! Pretty difficult to read something and miss it out if it's not there to begin with! Why would he ask bbc for money then give it to charity?? Why not ask the bbc to donate it directly?? In fact why should bbc make a donation? Why couldn't Bristow have made a donation out of his own pocket since he was the one who was making disgusting statements? That's assuming the charity thing isn't an afterthought when his agent saw the original bbc report making his demands

It was literally the next sentence in.

"His manager asked for a £5,000 fee for Bristow to appear on the BBC to discuss his comments. GMB said it didn't disclose guest contracts - and Bristow later said any money received would be donated to charity."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/38154785

7 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It was literally the next sentence in.

"His manager asked for a £5,000 fee for Bristow to appear on the BBC to discuss his comments. GMB said it didn't disclose guest contracts - and Bristow later said any money received would be donated to charity."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/38154785

The BBC being complicit in destroying anyone for words is laughable, they quite happily paid fortunes to people that they knew actually were abusing kids without as much as a by your leave.

It's fair enough that Bristow gets called out for his reprehensible views but seeing the BBC trying to do the good guy act on this issue really rips my knitting, they've been attempting to brainwash us since their inception and still the majority take their word as gospel, when I want to know the weather I open the curtains because at least I know my eyes don't have an agenda.

Probably been advised that doing it this way will mean he can use the donation from him for beneficial tax arrangements. The original hypothesis was therefore likely to have been correct.

Around 350 victims within UK football clubs. Fucking hell, that is grim.

What amazes me is the amount of fans who take this as a point-scoring exercise to get one over other teams.

15 minutes ago, smpar said:

Around 350 victims within UK football clubs. Fucking hell, that is grim.

What amazes me is the amount of fans who take this as a point-scoring exercise to get one over other teams.

I don't find that surprising, sadly.