Historic child abuse in football

Miguel Sanchez

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Shows there are not enough people like Fergus McCann, who will do the right thing by picking up a phone and dialing 999.

Must have been a lot of people keeping their fingers crossed that no one else spoke out when he reported Torbett. Much easier to keep things quiet back then.

Edited by Ross.

13 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Shows there are not enough people like Fergus McCann, who will do the right thing by picking up a phone and dialing 999.

12 hours ago, Ross. said:

Must have been a lot of people keeping their fingers crossed that no one else spoke out when he reported Torbett. Much easier to keep things quiet back then.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what prompted McCafferty to leave Celtic for "personal reasons".

• 4 months later...

Watched it when I got home from work.

Absolutely appalling. That Torbett is a right creepy looking c**t as well.

Disgusting how that Hepburn creep kept that secret all those years to protect a friendship as well instead of doing the right thing and reporting it.

It boils my blood this whole scandal.

Raping children? A slow torturing death isn't good enough for those horrible filthy c***s.

On 4/12/2017 at 00:01, King Dom's Moustache said:

It boils my blood this whole scandal.

Raping children? A slow torturing death isn't good enough for those horrible filthy c***s.

I share your outrage.  This isn't victim-blaming or anything like it but one has to ask what the parents were thinking?  My son has played rugby at a decent level for club and county but the idea of him staying with his coach for a weekend is simply ridiculous.

• 10 months later...

Guardian long read on Barry Bennell, who has been convicted of more historic child abuse.  It's a tough read, but you have to ask yourself how he got away with it when there were clearly lots of people who knew exactly what sort of man he was and what he was doing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/15/barry-bennell-abuse-manchester-city-crewe

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It's a tough read, but you have to ask yourself how he got away with it when there were clearly lots of people who knew exactly what sort of man he was and what he was doing. 

the reason is made crystal clear in that article (or one of the others in the guardian yesterday) - the clubs were desperate for Bennell to turn up talented youngsters and - surprise surprise - give them the opportunity to make millions of pounds by selling them on (this is obviously pre-emirates MCFC who didn't have a pot to piss in) I would imagine it was pretty much a matter of course to turn a blind eye to whatever he was up to on that basis - as ever, root of all evil and so on...

Edited by Herman Hessian

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Guardian long read on Barry Bennell, who has been convicted of more historic child abuse.  It's a tough read, but you have to ask yourself how he got away with it when there were clearly lots of people who knew exactly what sort of man he was and what he was doing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/15/barry-bennell-abuse-manchester-city-crewe

That was really tough to read. Incredible some of the stuff, and how he managed to get away with it for so long considering the numbers involved and some of the genuinely mental things he did that people must have noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve spoken to people who work regularly with sex offenders and they say the way they deal with it is by recognising that the offending behaviour is a small part of them and by engaging with the other, normal parts of their psyche they can try to promote change or ‘coping’ strategies to reduce the risk of further offending.

However reading that really does just make me think, fetch the noose.

There's a crew on Facebook called Child Protectors Scotland.

They out Paedos on film and then report them to Police, who then arrest the offenders.

Friday night they outed a monster from Coatbridge who was arrested at the time.

There was the usual calls in the comments for, hang, burn, castrate, nail him up, all of which I agree with.

Then this guy came on, saying he was ritually abused in the Dundee area.

Seemingly all up the East coast of Scotland ritual abuse of children including Satanic ritual abuse is rife.

A truly disturbing read which left me totally uneasy and wishing never to have read such stuff.

He didn't agree with what CPS did, he thought they were egoists. Make your own minds up on that.

Suffer little children, heart-breaking.

The amount of monsters out there is off the fucking scale.

I know its not football related for which I apologise, but until Friday I was unaware what a massive problem it is in our own back yard.

• 1 month later...
On 27/02/2018 at 20:09, wishyman said:

Then this guy came on, saying he was ritually abused in the Dundee area.

Seemingly all up the East coast of Scotland ritual abuse of children including Satanic ritual abuse is rife.

A truly disturbing read which left me totally uneasy and wishing never to have read such stuff.

Where Angels Fear?

Harrowing stuff indeed.