Historic child abuse in football

Miguel Sanchez

14 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Matt Le Tissier now saying he received 'naked massages' from the former Southampton coach in question

Some accused him of lacking ambition.

22 minutes ago, ChosenFew said:

No wonder Hibs and Celtic get on so well, bheasts the both of them.

Shock horror. A Sevco fan taking satisfaction at child abuse.

It's disgusting that things like this were allowed to go on and I suspect there will be far more cases outed in the coming weeks.

Edited by S7C

Partick Thistle involved now. John Hart allegedly sacked over the allegations but they didn't contact the police.

Sickening. Can't see this slowing down any time soon either.

Just read Tam McManus' take on the McCafferty. Apart from not quite getting the difference between 'did' and 'done,' it's a very interesting* read.

*for all the wrong reasons, obviously

5 minutes ago, Theo Snelders said:

Wow- I don't get that news down here. Like someone said earlier, it'd be foolish of anyone to think their clubs couldn't be involved at the moment

Aye, I can only see this as the start of it all. It certainly looks like there are several more cases yet to be reported.

Mcmanus' article - http://www.tammcmanus.com/single-post/2016/12/07/Jim-McCafferty

I think this scandal, and the others that have come out in other walks of life, show how things were. These things weren't sent straight to the police, they were dealt with directly, you sack the guy or make him leave. There was maybe an ignorance as to what the effect of being molested was.

Horrible stuff though.

Mcmanus' article - http://www.tammcmanus.com/single-post/2016/12/07/Jim-McCafferty

I think this scandal, and the others that have come out in other walks of life, show how things were. These things weren't sent straight to the police, they were dealt with directly, you sack the guy or make him leave. There was maybe an ignorance as to what the effect of being molested was.

Horrible stuff though.

I know what you mean, but clubs offering sums of £50,000 'hush money' suggests that they were well aware of how severe it was.

I know what you mean, but clubs offering sums of £50,000 'hush money' suggests that they were well aware of how severe it was.

The current owners/board of Chelsea had nothing to with it but were protecting the brand. I don't agree with it but understand why.

Same with Southampton and most others that are being named.

Kiddie fiddling is abhorrent.

To try and take clubs to account for previous administrations failures in dealing with it?
Petty and vindictive.

Scottish side of it has the Daily Record sensationalising stories.

Think most fans are thinking "please not my club" and "poor beggars" at the same time.

/Snide note
Old political figures are off the agenda.

2 hours ago, scoobles said:

The current owners/board of Chelsea had nothing to with it but were protecting the brand. I don't agree with it but understand why.

Same with Southampton and most others that are being named.

Kiddie fiddling is abhorrent.

To try and take clubs to account for previous administrations failures in dealing with it?
Petty and vindictive.

Think most fans are thinking "please not my club" and "poor beggars" at the same time.

/Snide note
Old political figures are off the agenda.

Were the Catholic Church or BBC not protecting their brand?

What a load of shite, those not dealing with it properly when informed are a bunch of spineless paedo enabling b*****ds, nothing more nothing less, it's not Chelsea, Celtic, Falkirk, Rangers or any other club that's turned a blind eye, it's representatives of those clubs.

On 7 December 2016 at 11:40, Rugster said:

Jim McCafferty, ex Hibs, Celtic and Falkirk kitman. Disgusting.

McCafferty...

(If it goes to court, maybe don't defend yourself)

The 71-year-old from Wishaw, Lanarkshire admitted to the Daily Record he had "paedophile tendencies" 

He described the abuse as "not going the whole way, but going some of the way."

He added: “I feel bad that I was involved in it. But at the time I was thinking to myself, if they didn’t want to be involved in it, nobody forced them.”

McCafferty claimed that his actions on one of the boys was to 'toughen him up' and said he saw it as his job to form the character of the boys.

Edited by THE KING

The whole "they didn't ask me to stop so it can't have been that bad for them" claim by McCafferty is one of the most repulsive things I've ever heard.

19 minutes ago, smpar said:

The whole "they didn't ask me to stop so it can't have been that bad for them" claim by McCafferty is one of the most repulsive things I've ever heard.

He could probably have got a job in politics or the media if he'd simply described it as "bad etiquette".

16 hours ago, scoobles said:

The Record? Never in this world!

Remember the hatchet job they did on the actor who played Wee Burnie? Accused him of all sorts of vile activities, and after they hounded him into his grave it turned out he was the victim. Don't think they've ever apologised.