Talbot v Pollok. Cup replay.

Larky55

26 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

I think it is also down to the fact that Auchinlecks average home gates from attending fixtures v Lok and other sides don't in my opinion appear to be at the level of Loks .

Attendances can be unpredictable even for well supported sides like Pollok. There were a few midweek games at Newlandsfield a few seasons back when Talbot visited where the home support was surprisingly sparse. The night Talbot won the league title for one. Two Evening Times cup ties were similarly poorly supported by the locals. So yes I concede that Pollok do have a good home crowd, but it can have its blips. As for Talbot's home gates, well how would you know? But remember, this is the Scottish, few can match Talbot for a good old Scottish tie turnout! 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Mighty said:

It will be a big crowd, however the next round will outdo this one, whoever Beith play.

Well one round further on so could well be. However, Beith have managed to persuade some more locals along with their overdue success and good to see as they are w well run progressive club who have invested on and off the pitch, but despite this still don't have the crowd pulling potential of either Talbot or Pollok as yet.

19 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

In the dark light of day Kilbirnie are and always will be the biggest club in the Garnock Valley. Massive fanbase, great facilities and a history like no other.

well said

2 hours ago, eamonn said:

tell you what i know . Pollok v Talbot or Talbot v Pollok will always draw a bigger crowd than Beith v talbot or Beith v Pollok  and that's a fact .you know that as well... 

So Talbot v pollok this Saturday will attract more than beith v pollok did in the Scottish cup final ? :);) 

20 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

So Talbot v pollok this Saturday will attract more than beith v pollok did in the Scottish cup final ? :);) 

On that note the 1986 Scottish Cup final between Talbot and Pollok drew at least 3000 more people than last season's Beith and Pollok cup final.

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

I assume the pitch is in good condition and game will go ahead tomorrow?

Talbot's pitch is lovingly cultivated, lush, even and beautifully manicured, a bit like the support! :thumsup2 

Canny sleep, Tiger Woods hitting the ball 65 times in The Bahamas, & 2 of the top Junior teams in the country squaring up to each other, with the victors having the honour of visiting The Mighty, in the next round of the Cup.Then there's the added pressure of locating window 3,on The Advent Calendar.
Both teams are be a bit unpredictable, but they will provide exceptional entertainment this afternoon.
Either side going a couple of goals up early in the game will produce a classic.
I have a feeling Pollok will just about edge it ,with Colin Williamson finishing off a late set piece.
If it goes the distance, Willie Lyle,will net the winning spot kick.
Beechwood Park will be busier than The Medda Physio, I reckon the attendance will be 987 + VAT.
Good luck to both sets of lads, enjoy the occasion.

Archived