East Fife v Edinburgh City

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/12/2016 at 23:07, tamthebam said:

robert walker.jpg

the referee had his doubts about the pitch being playable... 

Ref will not need his skates today in tropical Edinburgh. Looking forward to heading along to this one. 

That's got to be up there with the worst games I've seen. East Fife probably deserved the win but I'd imagine they'll need to bring a few in to keep themselves in League 1 (which backs up what their fans have been saying on here).

No visit to Livingston for Mr Blobby then? Here's the teams that sadly under-performed on the night.

The one good thing about Wednesday is that we made up 4 new songs for the Edinburgh City top 100 Songbook.

1) Joe, Joe, Super Joe. Joe, Joe, Super Joe. Joe, Joe, Super Joe. Super Joe Mbu. (Sung when Joe heads the ball. Which is quite often)

2) We've got Joe, Super Joe Mbu. I don't think you understand. He's Gary Jardine's man. So good he could play for Milan. (Just sung anytime)

3) Ousman, Ousman See. Ousman, Ousman See. (Sung to liven up the game)

4) Na, Na, Na, Na. Na, Na, Na Na. Hey, Hey Hey, Edinburgh City. (Sung during a lull, which was quit often last night)

Go Tell The Bayview Bulletin  Back Page and Front Cover Scottish Cup Special at East Fife.jpg

The lasting legacy we have acquired from East Fife will be the two songs purloined from their AFTN songbook and transferred to our very own:

"Top 100 songs from the Edinburgh City Song Book".

1. (Sung to the tune of When the Saints go marching in. When at away grounds replace Bayview with wherever ground the team is playing at. Compared to Meadowbank's grandstand everywhere is like a shed in comparison.)

My garden shed, (my garden shed)

My garden shed, (my garden shed)

My garden shed is bigger than Bayview,

It's got a door and a window, 

My garden shed is bigger than Bayview

2. (Sung to the tune of Oh I never felt more like singing the blues)

Oh, I've never felt more like sniffing the glue,

when Edinburgh City win and East Fife lose,

Oh, Edinburgh City,

You make me feel like sniffing the glue.

The Hibs and Hearts play in our town,

Civil Service Strollers too,

but there's only one team that I love the best,

it's Edinburgh City for me and you, (for me and you)

repeat verse 1 and fade,.

Edinburgh city know how to stop teams from playing any football against them and their number 5 sure knows how's to commit a foul,I wouldn't like to count how many fouls he committed in the 2 cup ties. I can't see them scoring many goals in any games as they don't carry a lot of cutting edge,was surprised to see Osman see on the bench as he looked in the first game to be by far the biggest threat they carried. Both teams looked very flat and defences looked well on top , just glad to get a win and hope we are in a better place when we head to Almondvale in late January. We are crying out for someone who can hold the ball up in the frontline. I am hoping when Chris Duggan returns in January that he can help in this department.

17 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Edinburgh city know how to stop teams from playing any football against them and their number 5 sure knows how's to commit a foul,I wouldn't like to count how many fouls he committed in the 2 cup ties. I can't see them scoring many goals in any games as they don't carry a lot of cutting edge,was surprised to see Osman see on the bench as he looked in the first game to be by far the biggest threat they carried. Both teams looked very flat and defences looked well on top , just glad to get a win and hope we are in a better place when we head to Almondvale in late January. We are crying out for someone who can hold the ball up in the frontline. I am hoping when Chris Duggan returns in January that he can help in this department.

and one of your players got away with nearly tugging his shorts down...

ken.png

Archived