East Fife v Edinburgh City

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East Fife started the game very well and missed a couple of gilt edged chances. As has been the norm recently City's first flurry in our half results in a goal after a half hearted tackle allowed City to open up our defence.This gave City something to hold on to and we're taking no prisoners with a very strong physical performance resulting in 4 bookings for crude tackles. East Fife then started to hump high balls that were read and butter for mbu and his defence. East Fife were forced into an early change when Insall had to go off after another late tackle left him limping.This forced us to bring on a central defender at centre forward in Jason Kerr ,and with the next cross in the box he rose highest to head home. We pressed for the winner but some decent goalkeeping and last ditch blocks kept us at bay. Edinburgh will feel they deserved a replay and for their teamwork alone who could dispute that. East Fife will need to go with a more physical starting 11 in the replay to stand up to City's game plan as I felt our footballing players apart from Kyle Wilkie were muscled out the game tonight. Our wait for a victory goes on and we will need to improve in the final third if we want to progress in the cup next week.

2 hours ago, east fife for life said:

Replay is Monday 5th December

Thought it was odd when I saw it announced as Wednesday 7th December earlier.

Having had 2 attempts the rules say you have to start trying twice a midweek, i.e. if it was off on Monday the next would be Wednesday.

Thought it was odd when I saw it announced as Wednesday 7th December earlier.

Having had 2 attempts the rules say you have to start trying twice a midweek, i.e. if it was off on Monday the next would be Wednesday.

Yep, but we didn't know that. Either we were out of the Cup before the weather turned bad, or we were lucky with postponements.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fair enough.

It has happened to you at least once before, though - against Brechin. I recall because I think I might have been at the game.

a Monday replay is now Brechin the programme editor's heart....! 

ill get my coat.jpg

Archived