Saturday 26th November 2016

Rab B Nesbit

LL Fixtures ... 

BSC Glasgow v Preston Athletic

Civil Service Strollers v Edinburgh University

East Stirlingshire v Selkirk  

University of Stirling v Dalbeattie Star 

Vale of Leithen v Whitehill Welfare 

I couldn't quite bring myself to use the phrase 'weather watch' ... 

Now if WW had been at home we could have opened the trophy room door and melted the frozen pitch with the blinding reflection from the sun. It's away though and can only see a first postponement of the season. 

What's wrong with "Weatherwatch" :unsure2:? They even have "Weather Watchers" on Reporting Scotland these days.

9 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

BSC Glasgow v Preston Athletic

Civil Service Strollers v Edinburgh University

East Stirlingshire v Selkirk

Gala Fairydean Rovers v East Kilbride 

University of Stirling v Dalbeattie Star

Vale of Leithen v Whitehill Welfare

Cancelled, like Cumbernauld-Spartans and Gretna-Hawick. EK are at Stranraer.

Interestingly of the 5 remaining games 3 are on plastic pitches which may help if it's freezing.

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What's wrong with "Weatherwatch" :unsure2:? They even have "Weather Watchers" on Reporting Scotland these days.

Interestingly of the 5 remaining games 3 are on plastic pitches which may help if it's freezing.

Thanks HJ I've taken it out. 

I put weather watch in the same category as #spartans/bscfamily. 

Fog predicted for Falkirk on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't cause issues with our game against Selkirk. Seen (or rather not seen) a number of pea-souper home games at our old ground around this time of year when I'd no idea what was going on. 

Supposedly as long as the ref can see all the corner flags etc it is fine but when the paying public can't see the other half of the pitch then it does stretch it a bit. 

I wouldnt be surprised if our game was called off. It wouldnt be the frst time the 'all weather pitch' has let us down. I highly doubt Stenny will put covers down. I was at Broadwood on Wednesday and there was a part of their park that was frozen solid and unplayable and that was for a 4:30pm kick-off.

51 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

St Mirren pitch inspection soon for tomorrow's big cup game.

Looks like I'll be off to Bonnyrigg, they've got covers on the pitch. Oh & Welfare legend Rosco is back.

Grimbo

FTFY 

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 18:49, HibeeJibee said:

of the 5 remaining games 3 are on plastic pitches which may help if it's freezing.

11 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I wouldnt be surprised if our game was called off. It wouldnt be the frst time the 'all weather pitch' has let us down. I highly doubt Stenny will put covers down. I was at Broadwood on Wednesday and there was a part of their park that was frozen solid and unplayable and that was for a 4:30pm kick-off.

Interestingly, the 3G pitches at Cumbernauld and Gala - both would have been at home tomorrow were it not for their opponents having Scottish Cup ties - are both frozen off tonight.

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Pitch inspection at the Vale in the morning. 

Damn the cruel cruel Scottish weather ! We deserve better, vote "Blue Sky party"  (with links to footy is never off) !

Lost Saturdays that have already been planned for weeks and weeks for an all out footy feast and are cruelly taken away from us at the final moment are pants and so far away from your poetic prose .Thought WW were planning a rumble in the Vale aka Game of Thrones for a moment they way you were speaking:)

Archived