Best and worst player in your team so far

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Best is either Pittman or Bucks easily

Worst is a bit harder but have to give it to Crighton for his performances as of late

Don't think that's fair, when we go 4 at the back and play against the better teams our defence does pretty good, but when we've been off our game in front of goal and end up chasing the game against teams that sit in we go 3 at the back and get caught out on the counter attack pushing too many players forward, which leaves our defenders exposed, they're hung out to dry and get the blame for us losing games which isn't really fair.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:56, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think that's fair, when we go 4 at the back and play against the better teams our defence does pretty good, but when we've been off our game in front of goal and end up chasing the game against teams that sit in we go 3 at the back and get caught out on the counter attack pushing too many players forward, which leaves our defenders exposed, they're hung out to dry and get the blame for us losing games which isn't really fair.

May be a managerial decision, which, I've not been Hopkin's biggest fan so could be swayed to agree with you there but on a whole for the system he's been the weakest for me. Would rather a back 2 of Halkett and Lithgow

Just now, ATLIS said:

May be a managerial decision, which, I've not been Hopkin's biggest fan so could be swayed to agree with you there but on a whole for the system he's been the weakest for me. Would rather a back 2 of Halkett and Lithgow

Maybe see that if McMillan is signed as a RB. We'd miss Crighton's assists for some goals though, he's put in some cracking balls and did another one against Ardrie for Mullen to do that overhead kick.

Best

Rory McAllister is the obvious choice. Has a lot of critics but could easily still play at a higher level.

Scott Brown signed from St Johnstone looks to have a bit of class about him.

Fiacre Kelleher on loan from Celtic has had a dodgy start but is improving with every game.

Worst

Steven Noble is terrible and way past his best but continues to play every game.

Graeme Smith is similar. Continues to be first choice keeper but his kicking is atrocious as he continually gives the ball away.

Scott Rumsby was signed as our flagship central defender but has hardly played. Big disappointment.

7 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Don't get this Gorman love in, every time I've saw him he's been awful 

I'd hardly describe it as a love in as I dont appreciate his "baggage"  but if you can't see his merits there's nothing I can say.   A defender who has made us look half decent and organised the defence in the last 8 games despite being surrounded by bombscare and mcdonald (who has improved a lot in those 8 games too)...

9 hours ago, blueone said:

Best

Rory McAllister is the obvious choice. Has a lot of critics but could easily still play at a higher level.

Scott Brown signed from St Johnstone looks to have a bit of class about him.

Fiacre Kelleher on loan from Celtic has had a dodgy start but is improving with every game.

Worst

Steven Noble is terrible and way past his best but continues to play every game.

Graeme Smith is similar. Continues to be first choice keeper but his kicking is atrocious as he continually gives the ball away.

Scott Rumsby was signed as our flagship central defender but has hardly played. Big disappointment.

Can't argue with that. I was thinking about Rumsby this week and why he isn't playing, I understand he might not put Strachan or Kelleher out of the team but I can't believe that Scott Ross starts in front of him.

On 24/11/2016 at 21:11, Mattmc said:

Liam Dick easily the best for Stranraer. Very consistent and just gets on with his job.
Worst is a hard one. Been disappointed with McKeown and Agnew this season with neither getting near the level of performance they showed in previous spells with us.

Wouldn't argue with Dick, but would also throw young Kyle Turner's name in here.

Agnew has disappointed greatly - mentioned above that he has hardly played, but I wouldn't put him into the team ahead of others on the basis of his displays. Franko isn't fit enough to be left on the bench - he needs match time.

Best: Andy Ryan

Worst: Iain Russell

If only we had 11 Andy Ryan's, he's in a class of his own. Excellent work rate and a keen eye for goal. We're lucky he doesn't take our penalties as he might sneak under the radar and avoid unwanted attention. If we could get him signed up long term we would be doing well.

Iain Russell on the other hand has been so incredibly disappointing. I was really excited about him signing in the summer he has really underwhelmed. He disappears in game and has been like a man down at times. Not to mention the stupid sendings off and diving. There's actually been times this season where I thought he's been a liability.

Can't imagine my opinion will be a popular one amongst the Airdrie support.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 23:34, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe see that if McMillan is signed as a RB. We'd miss Crighton's assists for some goals though, he's put in some cracking balls and did another one against Ardrie for Mullen to do that overhead kick.

Can definitely agree with you there 100%

Best - Undoubtedly Andy Ryan. Class above. 

Worst - Kevin Schmidt. Boateng is a bombscare but has at least appeared to have improved in recent weeks. Schmidt contributes nothing. Plenty of young players on the bench who shouldn't be there either. Our squad depth is really poor.

Archived