Best and worst player in your team so far

Best - A lot to choose from this year. Spence, Parry, Robertson, Flannigan all impressing. But for me it's got to be young Calum Waters at left-back. He's so comfortable in this league and will no doubt go further in his career. Didn't know too much about him before hand, other than he didn't get a fair whack at Dumbarton last season. However, attacking and defending he's impressed me. He's my choice for best player so far.

Worst - It would be incredibly harsh to put a name to this title. Everyone who hasn't made that much of an impact is more done to not getting a run in the team due to our good form. I can't even say Pat Scullion when he's only been thrown in for 45 minutes against one of the strongest teams in the league.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:51, beefybake said:

Big Franko was out, badly injured, all last season at Morton. Disinclined to point fingers at him .

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 14:09, Clayhole Blue said:

Franko isn't fit enough to be left on the bench - he needs match time.

Appreciate McKeown had a bad injury, but unfortunately running with a  small squad we can't afford to sign players who aren't up to the job.

At present McKeown is a passenger. Unfortunately he's not the only player signed this season like that.

Agree Clayhole that he needs match time, see this as a bit of a dilemma. At present we could easily be sucked in to a relegation battle. Can we really use these games to try and rehabilitate a player who may never regain his form? Thankfully for Franko he never had any pace to lose. The lack of pace was compensated for with his ability to read the game and bravery. These two attributes are slightly lacking which is understandable.

In short and probably hindsight I don't think he should of been brought back to the club.

21 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Worst - It would be incredibly harsh to put a name to this title. Everyone who hasn't made that much of an impact is more done to not getting a run in the team due to our good form. I can't even say Pat Scullion when he's only been thrown in for 45 minutes against one of the strongest teams in the league.

Scullion didn't do too badly in that game either.

Yet?

Yes I would say that's fair. Scullion looks like he could be a good player but he isn't ready for first team football yet. And that's not his fault. He's been let down by poor squad building. I'd probably put Truesdale in that category too. McIntosh, Leighton and McLaughlin (even if he is very lightweight) have all impressed at points though and are deserving of at least a place on the bench. The likes of Cairns and Cowie etc are just bench fillers though are at least they give off that impression since they never get any game time. I don't know how confident I'd be about Kerr or Kinvig having to come on although perhaps that's unfair since I've never seen either of them play.

Archived