Best and worst player in your team so far

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Best: Andy Ryan. Too good for this league.

Worst: Wouldn't single anyone out. Those who weren't playing well earlier in the season are playing well now. I'll say big Touré the Trialist from the Spartans friendly. Woeful.

Ryan's performance and goal at Cliftonhill were outstanding. Umpteen Diamonds stooges in the earlier game, but, agreed, massive improvement for the second game.

We are very much a team, but I'd say Ryan Wallace is outstanding. The other stalwarts don't need mentioning. I wouldn't wish to attack any player as being "the worst."

We've been a "team" for a good few seasons now.

I think the last time we would have been close to being described as a one man team was during Scott Chaplains time

Best, Scott  Pittman, couple of others have been good too but he's been the most consistent.

Worst, can't say anyone has been really bad, there have been some poor performances at times but it has been spread around and different players have been poor in different games, and they've been good in other games so no real worst player sticks out.

Liam Dick easily the best for Stranraer. Very consistent and just gets on with his job.
Worst is a hard one. Been disappointed with McKeown and Agnew this season with neither getting near the level of performance they showed in previous spells with us.

27 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Liam Dick easily the best for Stranraer. Very consistent and just gets on with his job.
Worst is a hard one. Been disappointed with McKeown and Agnew this season with neither getting near the level of performance they showed in previous spells with us.

Interesting to note the decline in Agnew's stock. He was the best player in this division a few short years ago, rewarded with a spell in the (now called) Championship. Explanation?

For Qp, there has been a few that have been good this season but for me the best have been Millen, Cummins and Gibson. Consistently perform for the team and are very reliable. Worst- hasn't been a player that looks out of their depth so far. Been impressed with how the team has coped with league 1

49 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Interesting to note the decline in Agnew's stock. He was the best player in this division a few short years ago, rewarded with a spell in the (now called) Championship. Explanation?

Don't get it, expected him to come back a better player than he left. Just can't seem to hold a place in the team. Very one dimensional when he plays, can only pass the ball one direction, something I thought would be kicked out of him playing at a higher but, still refuses to use his weaker foot. Tackling is an issue for him, but always has been.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in January if he can find another club.

Aggie has hardly played to be fair to him. He would be fine in my opinion with a strong box to box player like Allan Jenkins alongside him or the ball winner type like duncan george. Not easy to fit in with perhaps in my opinion not natural centre halves behind him. Team is exposed if he loses posession. He can still do a job for us i reckon. Just need the players around him to be more consistant.

19 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Agree that Agnew has disappointed. 

Big Franko was out, badly injured, all last season at Morton. Disinclined to point fingers at him .

Archived