Stranraer v East Kilbride

Clayhole Blue

Really looking forward to this as it's always good to come up against a team we haven't played before. EK not altogether unknown to us though when you consider they have Sean Winter and Baz Russell in their ranks. 

No outcome would surprise me. We are favourites as a League One team - but we're not a very good one this season. And EK are romping the Lowland League and must be in confident form even if they did end their run last week by losing at Spartans. And it might be a draw, giving us the opportunity to visit a new ground for a replay.

Looking forward (hopefully) to seeing our on-loan striker for the first time too!

Any EK folks coming down?

#monblu

If there's not covers on the pitch I don't think we'll see the game.
-2.5 just now. Similar temperatures last night and more forecast for tomorrow.
We SHOULD be good enough but under Brian Reid I would take nothing for granted.
See it being very like our tie with Talbot a few years ago, minus the crowd.
As mentioned it's nice to come up against a different team.

No Watt available courtesy of motherwell playing silly beggars. Hes not going to play for motherwell in this competition so why not let him play. No craig thomson either i believe.

This makes the decision to drop Thomson and play McGuigan out of position last week, look a bit more sensible.
Would expect us to go with the same starting 11 as against Stenny then. Don't particularly like McGuigan playing wide as think he has more to offer up top, but he can certainly do a job in the position.

Aye matt. Only 13 outfield players to pick from. belford, barron, dick, robertson, bell, ryan thomson, turner, mcguigan, malcolm, gibson, nuttall. Subs: max currie GK, moreno, agnew, mckeown, under 20, under 20, under 20.

Serious problems at Stranraer , we were so poor that when EK scored a very very late own goal to put us through I didn't even celebrate , I felt gutted for EK as for a junior team they put so much effort into the game , perhaps didn't deserve to win but didn't deserve to lose . We are fast returning to the bad olds at Stair Park , crowds getting smaller by the week ( despite the official figures ) and fans embarrassed by the lack of squad numbers , at this stage in the season there can be no excuse for such a small squad which prevents the required changes during the game . Well done East Kilbride you can hold your heads up high with that performance , we could certainly do with a couple of your players ( wide left midfielder and the No 4 ) but I'd doubt they would wish to step down to our standard .

Agree with a lot of what you said Kvz - but I certainly celebrated when we won. This was never going to be an easy game against a team who recently won 30 in a row and full of ex-Stranraer boys. They're not a junior team BTW - comfortably at the top of the Lowland League.

We urgently need additions to our squad.

Archived