Celtic's European Campaign 2017/18

jagfox

They've definitely competed in the games apart from the Barcelona ones. Bmg better in Glasgow. Celtic unfortunate not to take more than a point in Germany. Draw fair though. Against City they took the lead 3 times. The 7-0 hiding was horrendous but Barca even took 4 off City there. It's not been great, but I think some people on here are being pretty harsh, certainly positives to take for them anyway.

If Celtic went to Barca & spanked then 3-0 you can bet '54' would put it down to 3 lucky goals and be telling us how Barca should've scored 10 before we did. There is not one ounce of credit from him. His Union Jack tinted specs view games very differently to anyone else.

I doubt Barca needed to get out of 2nd gear against Celtic, win the game, no injuries, job done. In La Liga they really need to close the gap to Real Madrid and put pressure on them after a disappointing goalless draw with mid-table Malaga and on Sunday they will be up against an in form Real Sociedad, so with that in mind, Celtic were lucky Barcelona weren't in the mood.

23 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

If Celtic went to Barca & spanked then 3-0 you can bet '54' would put it down to 3 lucky goals and be telling us how Barca should've scored 10 before we did. There is not one ounce of credit from him. His Union Jack tinted specs view games very differently to anyone else.

Of course celtic would get credit, you don't win 3-0 anywhere without doing something right, but lets be honest, as it stands right now celtic in europe this season

P11, W3, D3, L5,  GF 15,  GL 22 and thats after being seeded and having decent luck ib thw qualifying draws, with a game in the etihad to come, you think im being biased, I've seen worse celtic teams do better in europe, hate to say it but strachan and lennon both did better, 

If you think celtic have done well this season then good for you, im just glad they aren't doing what they have done many times before and punched above their weight and stayed in europe after xmas

Of course celtic would get credit, you don't win 3-0 anywhere without doing something right, but lets be honest, as it stands right now celtic in europe this season

P11, W3, D3, L5,  GF 15,  GL 22 and thats after being seeded and having decent luck ib thw qualifying draws, with a game in the etihad to come, you think im being biased, I've seen worse celtic teams do better in europe, hate to say it but strachan and lennon both did better, 

If you think celtic have done well this season then good for you, im just glad they aren't doing what they have done many times before and punched above their weight and stayed in europe after xmas

I take it Hapoel Beer Sheva beating Inter Milan for a 2nd time escaped your notice too. You know that crap team we had in the qualifiers. The ones who knocked out Olympiacos in order to face us.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

It could be worse, we could have Legia Warsaw's record, they've conceded 24 goals in the 5 group stage matches so far. 

You're also completely ignoring the opposition when you're talking about weaker Celtic teams doing better. I don't think we've ever been in stronger group.

It could be worse, we could have Legia Warsaw's record, they've conceded 24 goals in the 5 group stage matches so far. 

You're also completely ignoring the opposition when you're talking about weaker Celtic teams doing better. I don't think we've ever been in stronger group.

Exactly, we've maybe had 1-2 tough teams and then 1-2 teams we fancy getting a couple of wins against. As soon as that group came out I knew we'd be fighting for 3rd and that's be a challenge in itself...and that's how it turned out to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived