Ross County v Hamilton Accies 26/11/16

The first of five home fixtures out of seven for Ross County, through to the end of December.  A season-defining period?

County scored four at the weekend, for the first time since the last game of last season.  Accies scored three on Monday against Hearts, the first time they scored three in the league in seven months.

I think the same XI will start if Scott Fox is over his foot injury, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see either or both of Quinn or Woods come in, if available.

Fox

Fraser Davies McEveley VdW

Burke Chow Routis Gardyne

Curran Boyce

Sowah should come in for Imrie, but it's never gonna happen. I'd also drop Seaborne for Docherty, and drop Donati to CB. We need to get an away win soon, as it'll be pretty unlikely to do so in December. However, I think we've lost every game at Dingwall since the Christmas one.

From what I've seen lately, the dynamic of Boyce and Curran has been altered of late.  Curran has been the lone striker doing what Craig does best, chasing down defenders and giving them a torrid time, running himself into the ground before coming off in the second half to let Schalk have a go at the defense.  Liam I feel has taken on more responsibility as our creative player with the absence of Martin Woods, with Liam playing deeper and in the gaps between midfield and the oppositions defense.  

I'd say our 442 has evolved into a 4231, with Routis and Chow sitting deeper than our midfield two did before, providing better cover and tracking the opposition better.

I think we'll line up against Hamilton like this;

McCarey

Fraser Davies McEveley Van Der Weg

Chow Routis

Burke Boyce Gardyne

Curran

I've always admired the fitness and workrate of Hamilton, supporters of other teams write them off too easily IMO, the fact that they've only lost one of their last seven matches (0-1 to Dundee) shows how tight their matches are.  I expect this one to be a tight match too but hope that we can grind out the win, 2-0 to the County.

Boyce's role has certainly changed a little in the last few weeks.  Jim wants him in the box because he's arguably the most accomplished finisher, but there is value in him playing deeper.  I like him starting a little deeper, because he has a gift of passing into others' stride that not many in the team have, plus he times a late run into the box so well.  He supposedly prefers to play deeper and be more creative, I've seen plenty quotes from him enjoying being able to try to make things happen for others.  I think and hope we'll see his best form from here. I wouldn't say it's a 4-2-3-1 but numbers are just numbers.

Accies 1874 suggests putting Donati to CB, but when Boyce had to play high he got dominated by the CBs, then when he tried to drop deep in the earlier fixture he got no change from Donati.  I think Canning would be correct in keeping Donati there.

It's been another really frosty morning in Dingwall, but the forecast shows more mild temperatures later in the week.  Hopefully the undersoil heating doesn't need to be used, because it caused the pitch to get churned up in January IIRC.

Hype through the roof for this one.

The BBC says that Woods is still an injury doubt. Hopefully Fox is fit to play because he really has been good for us through the long run without a win.

Really have to hope we keep the momentum going after the St Johnstone win.

Dow in for Burke, Gardyne has gone right, Dow left.

Dow seems to be getting as central with Curran as he can. I think it makes us a very reliant on Midge but he's got the better of their left back. 

Very promising first half, if anything I was getting a little worried our good play hadn't given us the lead but then Liam nods in a cross from Curran (think it was him).
Craig pulled up feeling his hamstring so has been replaced by Schalk at ht.

Also thought I'd mention, I've been quite impressed with Chow.

Sound like we stole a point there, wasn't there but going by all the updates, county more than dominated the game, and should have won 4 or 5 nil.

Well I suppose it's about time we did what's happened to us on a few occasions this season, and nick an undeserved point. 

On to Partick

Archived