General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I only ever played exhibition games on This is Football and it was purely so I could try and get a penalty as a result of diving.

Shame nobody else has carried on from them.  Fifa UT vls would be breaking everything in their house over it.   

Shame nobody else has carried on from them.  Fifa UT vls would be breaking everything in their house over it.   

One of the late-2000s PES games had diving it. f**k knows if you could get away with it, but the foundations have been laid! I would buy a PES game just to do it.

One of the late-2000s PES games had diving it. f**k knows if you could get away with it, but the foundations have been laid! I would buy a PES game just to do it.

Haud the fucking bus

Euro Champ 92 was great if you fancied some outright dirty play. You could punch opposition players, and even take them down with a flying knee to the chest. You could also batter the ball straight at the ref to knock him out for a couple of seconds, so you could beat the shit out of the other team with impunity.

Football games used to be much more fun.

Oh, and I can see you're desperate for a Kenneth Williams there, Miguel, but I refuse to give you one.

11 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I remember a game for the PS2 called Red Card which basically ignored the rules of football and let you foul as much as you wanted to. The core gameplay wasn't great but it was fun for a little while to kick the crap out of the other team.

I love how the lad on the Red Card video talks so much about all the dirty tricks you can get away with, but hardly shows any of them  :lol:

Also nice to see the Americans have been exposed to Chris Kamara. We shouldn't suffer alone.

My understanding of Gran Turismo Sport is that they've given up entirely on trying to make the games viable racing games on their own merits rather than spectacle simulations, so they left it up to the people playing it to supply a challenge. Which might prove even less consistent than the 7th gen versions.