General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

My girlfriend's son, who is 9 years old, is coming to stay (along with her, but she's not as keen on gaming) for the weekend, and I'm looking for a PS4 game that's quick to pick up and play either as co-op vs AI or against each other. I don't have a PS+ subscription so would have to be offline only.

Something like Rocket League, but not Rocket League itself as we've played it to the point he's getting bored with it now. Obviously has to be age appropriate as well.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

My girlfriend's son, who is 9 years old, is coming to stay (along with her, but she's not as keen on gaming) for the weekend, and I'm looking for a PS4 game that's quick to pick up and play either as co-op vs AI or against each other. I don't have a PS+ subscription so would have to be offline only.

Something like Rocket League, but not Rocket League itself as we've played it to the point he's getting bored with it now. Obviously has to be age appropriate as well.

Any ideas?

Get the crash bandicoot trilogy, its single player but its pretty mellow for a kid and he might appreciate it.

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Any ideas?

Overwatch

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

gone for overcooked, can't argue with £6.49 for a bit of daft fun, cheers.

Good stuff, I hope you enjoy it, I've never had so much fun playing a co op game with friends. It does get a bit crazy at times but it all builds up from level to level, let us know if you have a fun time with it. 

Playstation store is having a sale. None of the big games are really effected but there are some golden oldies that are reduced to £5.79. I don't think they're remastered but at that price I can live with it. The few that spring to mind are:-

Red Dead Revolver
Max Payne
Manhunt
Canis Canem Edit
Resident Evil
GTA 3, VC and SA

Think I'll give Manhunt another run through.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Playstation store is having a sale. None of the big games are really effected but there are some golden oldies that are reduced to £5.79. I don't think they're remastered but at that price I can live with it. The few that spring to mind are:-

Red Dead Revolver
Max Payne
Manhunt
Canis Canem Edit
Resident Evil
GTA 3, VC and SA

Think I'll give Manhunt another run through.

Thought Manhunt had been banned in the UK years ago? Something to do with being able to suffocate people with plastic bags(which i have to say, was fucking awesome)

24 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Thought Manhunt had been banned in the UK years ago? Something to do with being able to suffocate people with plastic bags(which i have to say, was fucking awesome)

That was Manhunt 2. The BBFC refused to give it a certificate, so Rockstar had to do some pruning and resubmit. Can't remember what they cut out before it got an 18.

Think it's still banned in Australia, along with pretty much everything else.

I'm sure Manhunt was banned as well but it was eventually lifted? I'm playing it just now. It's obviously aged but it's very playable. Using only one toggle button to move is going to take some getting used to again.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm sure Manhunt was banned as well but it was eventually lifted? I'm playing it just now. It's obviously aged but it's very playable. Using only one toggle button to move is going to take some getting used to again.

Not according to its BBFC page. They keep a record when something is rejected (see Manhunt 2's page).

The BBFC normally give reasons for the rejection, but it appears they couldn't be arsed with Manhunt 2, explaining their thinking with the phrase "THIS WORK IS REJECTED"  :lol:

Picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order for £3.99. Never played any of the Wolfenstein games before but have heard of the series so thought it was a good price.

Graphics wise it's not fantastic but the gameplay is basically blasting up some Nazis which is reasonable fun. The setting is that Germany wins an unnamed war (you'd expect it to be WW2) but there are robotic nazis etc which add a level of difficulty.

I'd say I'm about half way through the game so far and I'd say I've already gotten my money's worth. There's also a very likeable Scottish character introduced to you at the start of the game which is also a bonus.

Picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order for £3.99. Never played any of the Wolfenstein games before but have heard of the series so thought it was a good price.

Graphics wise it's not fantastic but the gameplay is basically blasting up some Nazis which is reasonable fun. The setting is that Germany wins an unnamed war (you'd expect it to be WW2) but there are robotic nazis etc which add a level of difficulty.

I'd say I'm about half way through the game so far and I'd say I've already gotten my money's worth. There's also a very likeable Scottish character introduced to you at the start of the game which is also a bonus.

Great game.

I went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised, at £3.99 you should have worn a mask and a stripped jumper. The new one comes out on the 27 of October and I'll be buying it on the strength of the first one.

8/10 for me.

Burned myself out on Skyrim after completing it, so the past couple of nights ive been playing Final Fantasy 7, just reached the gold saucer. Greemangaming are doing a FF sale atm so i grabbed 9 and 10(9 is still my favorite by far) remasters for £18, pretty reasonable for 2 massive games you can lose weeks in.