General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

As it says really. Any completely random things you've witnessed while gaming? Glitches being the main things I suppose but I just witnessed something both hilarious and shocking.

Currently playing Watch Dogs 2. The police had been chasing me but I had got rid of the 'wanted level'. Two cops had left their car to look for me and were still near me but as the level had disappeared they didn't pursue me. I went to get into a car and heard a cop shout "Hold it right there!!" My level was down so I just stood to see what the hell was going on. There was a black AI guy walking on the pavement near me who stopped at this shout and put both hands up. The copper then put him in handcuffs! I managed to laugh uncontrollably with my mouth wide open from the shock. And I thought Ubisoft were a diverse group :lol:

The one consolation is that I electrocuted both coppers and liberated the poor fucker B)

As it says really. Any completely random things you've witnessed while gaming? Glitches being the main things I suppose but I just witnessed something both hilarious and shocking.

Currently playing Watch Dogs 2. The police had been chasing me but I had got rid of the 'wanted level'. Two cops had left their car to look for me and were still near me but as the level had disappeared they didn't pursue me. I went to get into a car and heard a cop shout "Hold it right there!!" My level was down so I just stood to see what the hell was going on. There was a black AI guy walking on the pavement near me who stopped at this shout and put both hands up. The copper then put him in handcuffs! I managed to laugh uncontrollably with my mouth wide open from the shock. And I thought Ubisoft were a diverse group :lol:

The one consolation is that I electrocuted both coppers and liberated the poor fucker B)

I've read a few funny stories online regarding random things happening within the world in Watchdogs 2. Tried to find the link online but to no avail.

• 4 months later...

Alright, not sure where else to put this...the wean just noticed that the third Gorgeous Freeman video is up, a year after the last one, and I'm ashamed to admit that I find them to be works of childish homoerotic genius. Don't think anyone else has mentioned them.

• 1 month later...

It wasn't on my radar but that Friday 13th game looks really interesting in concept and the Eurogamer YT channel makes it looks hilarious.  I've watched some other Twitch streams of it.  There are meant to be all sorts of technical issues with matchmaking etc which has put me off.

An Alien Isolation equivalent of this style of game would be my dream.

Spoiler

Everybody's Golf World Tour is a cartoony golf game - so it has its fair share of quirks already - though I'd never seen this one. I was playing the course set in Africa against my mate (and probably had money on it). Was just taking my swing when a fucking rhino comes charging over the hill heading straight for me. I shat my breeks, sliced my ball into thick undergrowth and lost the game (confidence was shattered). Still raging about it. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

So who's going to win the General Election then?  Well, Kotaku decided to employ games very scientifically to find out.  First, PES, then WWE 2k17.  

And for a more serious look, the New Statesman ran the Labour and Tory manifesto through Democracy 3 to see what happened - quite interesting results here and here.

It wasn't on my radar but that Friday 13th game looks really interesting in concept and the Eurogamer YT channel makes it looks hilarious.  I've watched some other Twitch streams of it.  There are meant to be all sorts of technical issues with matchmaking etc which has put me off.
An Alien Isolation equivalent of this style of game would be my dream.

Spoiler  

Was watching this on Twitch the other night and mentioned to a friend that a similar type of hide and seek multiplayer built into Alien Isolation would be brilliant.

On 08/06/2017 at 21:03, DutchBorderer said:

Payday 2 is free on Steam right now, the devs are giving away 5 million copies. Not saying it's a good game but it's free so claim it while supplies last eh.

Life is Strange is free on PS+ at the moment. I'm saying it is a good game and worth picking up.

There was a patch for Friday 13th released last week I think that was supposed to improve matchmaking. No idea how it turned out tbh but game sounds interesting. 

Yakuza 0's one of the best new games I've played in a long time.

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-modding-tool-openiv-shuts-down-claiming-cease-and-desist-from-take-two/

Take Two Interactive, owners of Rockstar have filed a cease and desist order with the creator of a mod that is vital to the single player modding of GTA 4 and GTA 5, in effect making non multiplayer related modding(new cars, clothes, guns etc) now illegal for the GTA games. 

Unsurprisingly this is causing quite a lot of backlash against them from gamers as people aren't happy as many only purchased the game to mod and have fun with it. The mod in question is only in relation to single player related content, this has nothing to do with the many hackers in GTA Online.

During a recent conference with various take two heads one was quoted saying in effect that GTA Online isn't getting enough microtransaction money out of players and steps had to be taken to counter this. Take Two tried to do this quietly during E3 with the hopes it would be forgotten during all of the various releases and news. 

At least one Youtuber (NerdCubed) has already decided to Boycott all Take Two related products while this is going on and is encouraging gamers to kick up a fuss and spread the news, because with this banning of modding and Bethesda's E3 reveal that they wanna heavily push a paid for modding scene it could lead to setting a precedent in the gaming community against modding.

Personally i do enjoy single player mods, there are some questlines and story mods for Skyrim for example that have better writing and characters than the main game and mods have vastly increased the shelf life of many games i own so i completely agree that gamers shouldn't let this go quietly. 

Edited by EdgarusQPFC