Eddie McTernan comes back home to Dunterlie

johnrosscargill7

He plays as a winger hence hes inconsistent, any winger that's consistent wont stay in junior football long. On his day hes unplayable, more days like that are required IMO but you cant knock his effort or work-rate even when hes off the boil and he always wants the ball. .

1 hour ago, johnrosscargill7 said:

Eddie has re-signed for Arthurlie.

Eddie is a great addition to the Arthurlie squad - exactly what we require at the moment.

no really needing an attacking minding player the now need more defenders only got 4 defenders which is far to little 

no offence to eddie but im of philosophy you should not rejoin a club when you once leave them 

must be doing something right if Kegs thought he wasn't good enough and then re-signed him?

Also i'm more than positive that 90%+ of games he started he's scored in? Maybe Ladeside fans can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure clash city rocker could tell you his stats . As I said did ok but never really set the heather on fire

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

I'm sure clash city rocker could tell you his stats . As I said did ok but never really set the heather on fire

Eddie is Kilbirnie Ladesides top scorer in competitive matches so far this season. Surely him not scoring goals could leave Ladeside in a sticky mess if no1 steps up? PLUS you's need a manager brought in.

Liam if Ed picks up that form he had whilst a Kilbirnie then I'll be happy with that. I agree we need defenders in as well Liam BUT to bring a boy back to a club that he served well for is a great idea from the management. 

Kegs made the call I back his judgement, always will back any manager, regards defenders, just think with a couple of injuries we could go 2-4-4 I like that idea! Kegs has been quoted saying he was looking for a pacy forward also to say he was let go..... he was a free agent did he maybe leave of his own choice?

Whatever hes an Arthurlie player again and will have my backing.

1 minute ago, Nugent4nil said:

Kegs made the call I back his judgement, always will back any manager, regards defenders, just think with a couple of injuries we could go 2-4-4 I like that idea! Kegs has been quoted saying he was looking for a pacy forward also to say he was let go..... he was a free agent did he maybe leave of his own choice?

Whatever hes an Arthurlie player again and will have my backing.

Yes a pacy attacker was what Kegs needed he said so I think Ed fits that bill. 

I'm not sure of the in's and out's but regardless of what happened before he's back in a lie strip and he needs the backing of the fans. 
Far too many arthurlie fans turn things into a negative - we're sitting healthy in the league at the moment and if the gaffers thinks ed will put in a graft then lets get behind it.

A great idea from the management ?  Smacks of desperation to me.  I hope I'm wrong and he comes in and does the business . He didn't do it first time around, he blew hot and cold. Basically he's a one trick pony.  Loads of pace , thats about it.

Eddie is Kilbirnie Ladesides top scorer in competitive matches so far this season. Surely him not scoring goals could leave Ladeside in a sticky mess if no1 steps up? PLUS you's need a manager brought in.

Liam if Ed picks up that form he had whilst a Kilbirnie then I'll be happy with that. I agree we need defenders in as well Liam BUT to bring a boy back to a club that he served well for is a great idea from the management. 

Doesn't say much that he's our top scorer this season tbh . I'm sure our new manager will identify someone to come in. We haven't had a striker at our club worthy of the name for a while though
The feedback from other Lie fans that have the same opinion tells me all I need to know

21 minutes ago, Satori. said:

A great idea from the management ?  Smacks of desperation to me.  I hope I'm wrong and he comes in and does the business . He didn't do it first time around, he blew hot and cold. Basically he's a one trick pony.  Loads of pace , thats about it.

Totally agree, he wasn't a stand out before, so here's hoping he's improved at Kilbirnie. (Although why have they let him go ?)

But let's not be negative, let's do cartwheels over a player who didn't impress first time around.

McTernan did well for Kilbirnie 10 goals in 15 starts including last minute winner v Cumnock Ardagh semi and winner in final. Was forced to play up front due to lack of options and coped fine. The guy has a good touch holds the ball up well and knows where the goal is. Disappointed he's left but in all honesty if he only came because of the then manager or asst manager he's better away as we need players willing to play for the jersey at the moment. 

I remember talking to Dingus after Eddie had torn them apart at Dunterlie. He said it was the best any winger had played against him in years and that came from a guy who has played top grade juniors for years.  Eddie was superb that day and if he could get near that form regularly it would be a great signing. 

4 hours ago, pelesboots said:

I remember talking to Dingus after Eddie had torn them apart at Dunterlie. He said it was the best any winger had played against him in years and that came from a guy who has played top grade juniors for years.  Eddie was superb that day and if he could get near that form regularly it would be a great signing. 

On his game he can't be touched but inconsistency was a regular thing at Dunterlie last season and that is going to affect a lot of the team so fingers crossed that bringing him in to play alongside Gemmell & Deas will bring a decent player out in him

Archived