The Sporcle Thread

Rugster

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Laptop with touch pad, I've found even the standard sporcle games to be a massive pain on mobile. 

Ooft that sounds even harder than with the mouse!

@Rugster

Just a standard mouse and monitor (although it is quite large). I tried different zoo levels to get the ideal size ... I found zooming so that the numbers filled the screen helped me, even though I had to move my head a bit (oh, and nose pressed almost against the monitor seemed to help). Also:

• When I'm looking for say 15... I also keep an eye out for all the remaining numbers beginning with 1.
  • Quite often, if I couldn't find a specific number, it was located close to the next number and I'd automatically ignored that area of the screen 
  • If you're can't find a number... try pausing the game for a couple of minutes then come back to it. Usually the number will jump out the screen at you (like most of the other ones do). 
  • There's also a couple of ways to cheat but I'm sure you're not interesting in them :)

Loaded up Bully Wee Villa's quiz but was a bit put off with "Armenia" being the first answer. Tried "Yerevan" but to no avail. Another solid quiz. I'm away to try the Wrestlemania quiz instead!

p.s. a big thank you to my IT department who have managed to block all game and gambling related sides, as well as Facebook, Twitter etc... but thankfully Sporcle has slipped through the net. 

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Name all the countries in the world is a good one too, I've done this with about 5 mins remaining. Will screenshot next time I do it.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/world

Another hard one. Got 161 out of 197 on my first attempt. 

Thank Christ, was incredibly tempted to check the map but perseverance prevailed.

Clicking Delaware / Rhode Island was a ****, Missouri was a pain without things around it and constantly getting Ohio mixed up with Iowa for some reason.

Had 40 at one point and I clicked on South Dakota for South Carolina.  Was raging.

States.JPG

Forgot about this beauty. A logic puzzle where only 1 clue is revealed at the star. 

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Skinkwe/logic-numbers-1-25

If anyone can actually do this first time in 20 minutes, they should take Steven Hawkin's job.

edit: you have to enter the single digit numbers as 01,02,03 etc. 

On 11/22/2016 at 09:17, Rugster said:

Post your recommended Sporcle links in here. This one is currently driving me mad. Best score so far is 71. Seem to hit a blank every time at some point and take ages to find one number after going on a great run. Geography ones are good too.

I accept no responsibility for downturn in work rates as a result of this.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RobPro/1-100-click-me

100/100 on my first attempt with an actual mouse. Had 6 seconds to spare as well. I can go back to coursework now :whistle

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

Name all the countries in the world is a good one too, I've done this with about 5 mins remaining. Will screenshot next time I do it.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/world

Got 143/197 (p***k).

I did at least manage not to forget any countries I'd been to. Was remembering countries by sport- football for europe, Africa, and South America, cricket for Asia and Caribbean, and rugby for Pacific Isles.

Worst answer I missed and best I got by the % stats were

Spoiler

Worst missed- Sudan

Best got- Tonga

Macedonia and Vatican City were the only two European ones I missed, at least Scotland have only lost to one of them at football

10 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Got 143/197 (p***k).

I did at least manage not to forget any countries I'd been to. Was remembering countries by sport- football for europe, Africa, and South America, cricket for Asia and Caribbean, and rugby for Pacific Isles.

Worst answer I missed and best I got by the % stats were

Hide contents

Worst missed- Sudan

Best got- Tonga

Macedonia and Vatican City were the only two European ones I missed, at least Scotland have only lost to one of them at football

When I play that I regularly forget Haiti and Antigua and Barbudua. ( p***k. )

Archived