Clyde vs Arbroath

Lichtie78

Little and Hamilton have made a decent partnership so far this season, with Ricky perhaps better at making last ditch, goal saving tackles and blocks, and then Hamilton who is very calm in difficult situations, and distributes the ball well. I would be surprised if Dick and Pink weren't still on the hunt for another first choice centre half though, Pink definitely said at the Q&A he would prefer Hamilton at LB.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't know wit to make a they Arbroath fans in broadwood farm last night, a specky steamer asked the bar staff as serious as you like "dae u sell pints a fat frog" in a belter of a chookter accent, the staff said are you serious haha... then walkin to the stadium there was a guy called Simon smokin a fish like a fag, don't know if it was a joke but looked serious 

57 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ricky Little is not wee and has been an outstanding player in this league for seasons. Team of the year what 4 times? QP captain and POTY how many times? Same for us. He most certainly doesn't struggle against big lumps like Gormley. Maybe he just had a bad game and Gormley had a good one no...?

As for Linn. Again it sounded like a poor game from him, doubling up on him isn't a solution it happens most weeks.

Ricky Little/Colin Hamilton and Jaseem Sukar are all 6 foot plus and definitely not slow. Gold is the only one you could classify as scrawny for a defender but even then he's a very fit guy. Just because they're not fat like Smith doesn't make them scrawny guys Paulo.. :lol:

Actually, just because they're not fat like Gormley does make them scrawny. Relatively so, at least; even Peaso got some change. That's the narrower point I was making re last night. I can see you're determined that nobody is bigger or stronger than Ricky Little and, thus, could make his life difficult at this level but you're wrong: I've saw it happen a few times over the years. He's a very similar player to our Neil McGowan (remember him?) or Billy Gibson. Not the tallest, but sturdy, aggressive, reads the game well, decent passer... Lots of save-your-bacon tackles. A sweeper, if he's in the middle. Though IMO he's best as a full-back despite the pattern of his career.

More broadly, I can't dispute what you say about the accolades Little has received down the years. Nor would I presume to tell you you're wrong about his success with Arbroath and QP. I'm acutely aware of the regard he's held in. If he was five or six inches taller he'd be full-time, I'm sure.

I will dispute what you say about the general height and bulk of the players Arbroath had at the back last night. You are factually in error re several of those. I'll pull stats up if you like but anyone watching the highlights can see we're not talking about beanpoles or lads who fill out their jerseys (Little aside - he's sturdy for his size, like I say).

Re Linn. I'll just say this: it's convenient that whenever he's 'dealt with', it's his fault and not his markers'. No doubt he's a smashing player. But even the best can be stopped with proper planning. And so it was last night.

I've watched the second penalty a number of times and still can't see a foul in Clyde's favour. Ironic it's just about the same spot as the absolute stonewaller we should've got against Forfar though.

The red card doesn't look like a particularly great challenge and I've no idea why he's tried to tackle like that. I'm still not convinced he makes any real contact with the Arbroath player (and I appreciate that's not the rule) but can fully understand why he was sent off. 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The fact you think Ricky Littles best position is RB sums up your knowledge of the guy

Surprised he isn't Maradona the way his name gets mentioned about on this forum.

He's such an exceptional talent that, as his career has gone on, he's played for ever more rubbish clubs in ever more rubbish leagues.

Sometimes the making of a player can be in acceptance: you're too wee! Follow the money, play elsewhere, get a break.

This is the part where, with complete sincerity, it's brought to our attention that there have been many good, sub 6ft central-defenders. You know, like Puyol and Cannavaro. And if they can do it, hey, why can't we all?

Archived