Stirling Albion v Wick Academy Scottish Cup 3rd Round

rhliston

This Saturday the Albion host Wick Academy from the Highland League at Forthbank.

Don't know much about Wick save to say they are currently 5th in the Highland League and should be a decent enough team. Expect us to win this one being at home but you never know Wick will no doubt raise their game for this tie against the big team from the Senior League.

Quite a trek for any Wick fans making this Journey reckon it will take at least 6hrs to get down here

Hopefully we get a decent home support along on the day, Club has set prices for this tie at £10 for Adults Concessions £5.

Hopefully we should do the job on the day and get into the 4th Round to get a money making tie with one of the big boys.

Prediction Albion 2 Wick 0

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

I think there will be quite a few down for this game I understand that a supporters bus will be going along with a load in cars. We aslo usually get a lot of Caithness Exciles and students coming to games in the central belt. Curent form is quite good and a draw would be good for us.

Spoiler 

I think there will be quite a few down for this game I understand that a supporters bus will be going along with a load in cars. We aslo usually get a lot of Caithness Exciles and students coming to games in the central belt. Curent form is quite good and a draw would be good for us.

Fairplay to you, its some trek. Still hope we send you up the road embarrassed though [emoji3]

1 hour ago, veritas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Good to hear your bringing a decent support down with you to Forthbank.  Also noticed from the Rave On website an article from the local paper that one of your supporters a Alan Oakton from Halkirk is planning on marching from Stirling Castle roundabout 11 am carrying a Caithness Flag to Forthbank, he was hoping other supporters would join him in the march. I understand they will be stopping off at various pubs along the way.  :)

Yes he is locally known as Barmy Army for his incessant chanting at Academy Games. Not sure how many will join the march as it seem a tad early.

Wick had two good wins in the previous rounds against LL league teams 3-1 away to Dalbeattie and 4-1 at home to Whitehill Welfare

Academy manager Gordon Connolly who is originally from Stirling was down watching the Arbroath game so  will have his game plan set out. Academys two previous encounters against league sides were both close. losing 1-0 away to Berwick to a last minute penalty and losing 4-2 in a replay to the then high flying Brechin City  after drawing 4-4 at home. Academy were leading 4-2 with 15 mins to go but ran out of steam to hold out against Brechin.

57 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Is Robertson avaliable and Beith?

Don't think Robertson will be available for this Tie, as a trialist he can only play 1 more game for us.  Beith again I don't think so, his loan spell was only for a month as I recall and that must be up fairly soon unless it is extended.

3 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Hope he's given a longer loan deal, was brilliant in the 2nd half vs Arbraoth.

Agree we could do with him even if it is only to Jan, depends on how Hearts view his chances whether its better to let him stay on loan at the Albion or keep him for their development squad.

6 hours ago, veritas said:

Yes he is locally known as Barmy Army for his incessant chanting at Academy Games. Not sure how many will join the march as it seem a tad early.

Wick had two good wins in the previous rounds against LL league teams 3-1 away to Dalbeattie and 4-1 at home to Whitehill Welfare

Academy manager Gordon Connolly who is originally from Stirling was down watching the Arbroath game so  will have his game plan set out. Academys two previous encounters against league sides were both close. losing 1-0 away to Berwick to a last minute penalty and losing 4-2 in a replay to the then high flying Brechin City  after drawing 4-4 at home. Academy were leading 4-2 with 15 mins to go but ran out of steam to hold out against Brechin.

Never heard much chanting when we were there.

Is he the guy behind the goals wi the drum and seagulls heed  ? 

Ye steam rolled us the 2nd half at Wick shooting doon yer infamous slope. 

Home advantage to edge it for Stirling for me though it could be a tight match given the Albion s league form. 

Take them back to Harmsworth Park then I'd fancy yous strongly. 

Best of luck to yous. 

23 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Seagulls heed? :lol:

What is with these teams having absolute loonies in their support?

Come now we have Pete for us lets don`t forget that, but at least Pete does not wear a Seagulls heed to be fair.

17 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No he wasnt at the Whitehill game but the seagull (Scorrie) headed drummer was I am not sure if the drummer is going but he usually does. I tend to keep away as the incessant banging does my head in.  Team is heading off on Friday stopping over in Inverness most of the local travelers will be setting off about 9am though no doubt some will be awy the night before.

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Ye steam rolled us the 2nd half at Wick shooting doon yer infamous slope. 

Home advantage to edge it for Stirling for me though it could be a tight match given the Albion s league form. 

Take them back to Harmsworth Park then I'd fancy yous strongly. 

Best of luck to yous. 

• I mind the barmy army guy from last season at Rosewell Newky. Stood on the far side. No as bad as Mad Hamish at Montrose though :lol:

Archived