Brechin City v Ayr United

AyrWeGo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers lads. I rated Finn when he was at East End too so I'm glad to hear he's settled in well up there. I'm not sure if Lewis will be able to make the step up but he signed a new contract based on his performances for you last season so we'll have to see how he reacts. All the best for the rest of  the season - I always enjoy my visits to the Glebe and wish you all well.

Pleased with that outcome. Nothing at all against Brechin, it's a good trip, but I don't think many folk would fancy doing the same away game two weeks in a row in January. 

Ayr will be a good day out and hopefully we can give a decent account of ourselves down there.

If you had to take our squad and were to write down our weakest line up last night would be just about right, says it all when you looked at the bench 2 half fit players, a forty something that has not played this season and a goalie, but could not fault the effort but just not good enough on the night. Ayr were no great shakes but were better than us  good luck to them in the next round and well done to their fans that made the long  journey on a cold November night.

14 hours ago, DanielB said:

Thoroughly enjoyed my wee trip to Brechin. No segregation, homemade soup at half time and a hedge? One of my favourite away days.

This is what football should be like across the board .  Why should lower leagues have segregation ? If folk can't integrate sensibly they shouldn't be allowed out , full stop. 

It was a long journey for you diehards so our approach is , why make your trip miserable by penning you in to a wee corner of a stand and have a steward barking at you every time you stand up or have a sing song ?    Maybe you could have a word with your club about how to treat people and make their visit more enjoyable . You guys certainly looked like you enjoyed it .

We have days like this at the likes of Peterhead. A few pints , a sing song and a bit of banter with the locals. Canny beat it.  

Completely agree. Football can learn a few lessons from rugby in terms of segregation & treatment of the ref. Although football fans tend to be c*nts, no segregation at the top level would be carnage.

Big contrast from last Tuesday at Raith where we herded into the top corner with the worst view possible.

10 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Completely agree. Football can learn a few lessons from rugby in terms of segregation & treatment of the ref. Although football fans tend to be c*nts, no segregation at the top level would be carnage.

Big contrast from last Tuesday at Raith where we herded into the top corner with the worst view possible.

I think the introduction of all seater stadia kind of killed any interaction between fans and,  if anything , encouraged a "them and us " environment by making it easier to separate fans. I get your point about the top level though . That is society  unfortunately .  The higher up the ladder you go the more you look down on everyone below you. 

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This is what football should be like across the board .  Why should lower leagues have segregation ? If folk can't integrate sensibly they shouldn't be allowed out , full stop. 

It was a long journey for you diehards so our approach is , why make your trip miserable by penning you in to a wee corner of a stand and have a steward barking at you every time you stand up or have a sing song ?    Maybe you could have a word with your club about how to treat people and make their visit more enjoyable . You guys certainly looked like you enjoyed it .

We have days like this at the likes of Peterhead. A few pints , a sing song and a bit of banter with the locals. Canny beat it.  

Great post

It was a tongue in cheek comment mate :P ...The interviewers trying to be positive with most questions yet MacCall jumps grumbles on compared to beaten manager Dods who's actually quite chirpy ... It's like he s walking around with a cloud above his head

Archived