Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Never noticed Riera's name initially as it was greyed out due to him being subbed. I would have him starting now for sure although, as you say, he couldn't last 90 minutes.

It was a strange one with Reira, you could clearly see at 55 mins he was blowing out his arse, 10 mins after half time. No doubt about his talent tho and found a wee article on him post Falkirk I hadnt seen earlier.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2214340-dreams-to-dust-life-after-football-for-the-future-stars-who-never-made-it?is_shared=true#

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the difference in teams we had between the Scottish cup final in May 2009 and Vaduz in July 2009.

After Hughes had fucked us over and jumped ship to Hibs and a change of chairman too, there were also 6 changes made to the team with only Barr, Scobbie, McNamara, O'Brien and Arfield playing both matches.

Shows how much we cut things back that summer. Less than 7 weeks between the 2 games but a world of difference.

56 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

St Mirren wanted it more. That p***k Hughes had all bur ripped the club apart with his expensive duds. The situation with the arseholes on the trust writing that letter, killed the relationship between the players and fans for a few years.

All but ripped the club apart by keeping us up in the top flight yet again and taking us into Europe for the first time in our history. That p***k. Truly dark days.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

All but ripped the club apart by keeping us up in the top flight yet again and taking us into Europe for the first time in our history. That p***k. Truly dark days.

Ive got nothing but love for Yogi, but its fair to say that if he'd shown more patience and truly nurtured the club to become a premier div mainstay no one would have any cause for complaints.

Or even won the goddam cup that day and we'd all be as delusional as the hibees currently are re: Stubbs.

He did many fine things for us but reached for the glory a bit too soon and got careless, which we ultimately paid dearly for

Some decent players in the side too along with a number of over paid diddies.

Delusions of grandeur was Hughes's problem during that last season. Him and George with their next step pish was a disaster. If they'd stuck to thei original masterplan which was working so well then things may have turned out a whole lot better.There has to be something far wrong when your wage bill rockets and your league position plummets.  My main grumble with Hughes apart from the last season in charge was that he hadn't a clue what to do in the second half of the season when teams had worked him out. Every season we were poor between the January window and the split and then we'd pick up against the dregs of the league in the last few games. He was the exactly the same at Hibs and couldnt get out of Caley Thistle quick enough when things started to go downhill.  He was fantastic as a player and his first few seasons as a manger( the stenhousemuir debacle apart. who can forget the dozens of midfielders and no forwards that season) were great times but he lost the plot and moved on a season too late. If only he'd taken George with him to Hibs then we'd probably still be a top flight club too unfortunately. 

The fact that St Mirren and St Johnstone a league above showed interest in Scobbie and he would have to take a decrease in wage to move suggests our wage policy was horrible.

Paying a fortune for an ex shire cult English league player at the age of 37/8 in Bullen and fellow over 30's in McCann, Jackie Mac too was madness.

Still altho we are no longer the tight wage ship we had a good few year ago, we are nowhere near the madness years under George Craig signing cheques for fun

Still, good to see St Mirren game off tomorrow,  meaning a week midweek game at 8pm next week......if on......

On 11/26/2016 at 14:10, Mordecai said:

I completely forgot about Mehmet's shite wee dance celebration that he used to do.

It's currently tricky to remember what goal celebrations of any kind look like.

This has the makings of a draw, but I think we could very easily snatch a defeat.

I think we've played well in recent games, and possibly deserved to win a few of them. There's a real bit of edge and grit about the team these days, just need to cut out the stupid mistakes at the back.

I honestly think if we keep playing like we are, we'll pick up enough results to see us through. But it needs to start bloody quickly. We're as down if we don't get a win by the end of the year.

Guest Back Post Misses
On 25/11/2016 at 16:07, Gaz FFC said:

The wages paid to George Craig, Tam Scobbie and Burton O'Brien on 1st division income in 2010/11 fills me with horror

Add Olejnik, Flynn and McLean to that.

What do you think GC was on?

Guest Back Post Misses
On 24/11/2016 at 21:37, Marshmallo said:

He did and deserved credit for that however he fell out with everyone from the Chairman to other Directors to Latapy to fans. He has gone on to do similar things elsewhere. Done a half decent job but then fell out with everyone there. ICT the prime example.

Archived