Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

21 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It happened right in front of me in the gazebo. He went up for a header, and headered the back of Billy Mehmet's napper.

Unfair as I thought it was at the time, it paid off when Frank Aafjes stepped in and strolled the ICT game (and the SC final, but I can't seem to recall how that went...)

Moral victory. We played them off the park with a team we could afford.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Kidd and Grant will be pushing for a start for this one. I'd also change the shape of the midfield a little and have Craigen in the no.10 role. 

Rogers

Kidd Gasparotto Grant Leahy

Kerr

Taiwo Sibbald

Craigen

Miller Baird

Subs: Mehmet, Muirhead, McCracken, Rankin, Hippolyte, McHugh, Austin

Not a huge amount of pace in the starting 11 but Hippolyte, McHugh and Austin coming on to run at tired legs should give us a big bost.

17 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It happened right in front of me in the gazebo. He went up for a header, and headered the back of Billy Mehmet's napper.

Unfair as I thought it was at the time, it paid off when Frank Aafjes stepped in and strolled the ICT game (and the SC final, but I can't seem to recall how that went...)

Aafjes was a stone cold #baller.

Mental how he never played more. More so when it was Presley keeping him out the team

12 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Aafjes was a stone cold #baller.

Mental how he never played more. More so when it was Presley keeping him out the team

Elvis was a better player for us than a manager...... a spinal tap perspective moment.

19 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

That St Mirren support has still been the best away support at the TFS by a country mile. St Mirren were unstoppable - I can vaguely remember Jack Ross hitting a screamer of the post as well.

2 hours ago, Div said:

Dont think the highlights do St Mirren justice from that day, I am sure I mentioned on here after the game Id want a drug test on the St Mirren players. I cant think of any away team being as much up for a game at our home ever.

I used to rib a few St Mirren fans from Falkirk over our home(Brockville) record v St Mirren which had a decent stretch of being undefeated and not as MIA as the Morton record. The TFS record is a bit of a mixed bag now, sure St Mirren were the first team to beat us in the league on our promotion season 04/05 which is always a c*nt, Ive always wanted to see us go through a season at home undefeated and twice been kicked in the ass very late on, tho the season after we nearly went a season at home without a win.

All to early yet but do St Mirren see light at the end of the tunnel as it stands for the season ?

Like winning, losing can become a habit, still I dont the 2nd tier has been as cut throat as it is now in my time and thats not a compliment to the position St Mirren find themselves in

I'd forgotten how bad we were in the league that season. Unfortunately we were even worse the next season. Always liked Andy Dorman as a player. Midfielders who make runs beyond the strikers are hard to come by these days. I'm surprised he never seemed to hit the same kind of form elsewhere in his career.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd forgotten how bad we were in the league that season. Unfortunately we were even worse the next season. Always liked Andy Dorman as a player. Midfielders who make runs beyond the strikers are hard to come by these days. I'm surprised he never seemed to hit the same kind of form elsewhere in his career.

Out of our starting 11, Id possibly only take 2 to go in our current 11 and also folk go on about lack of pace, yep a back four of Bullen(38) Pressley Barr and Scobbie mustve had Ally McGraw thinking he could make a comeback

Screenshot 2016-11-24 at 16.jpg

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Out of our starting 11, Id possibly only take 2 to go in our current 11 and also folk go on about lack of pace, yep a back four of Bullen(38) Pressley Barr and Scobbie mustve had Ally McGraw thinking he could make a comeback

Screenshot 2016-11-24 at 16.jpg

Mallo & Arfield presumably?

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Mallo & Arfield presumably?

Yep....

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Riera and Aafjes were quality players as well. Just the rest of the team were shite (with Pressley, Bullen, McNamara & McCann being hopeless for the money they were on) 

Id have added Aafjes to the two I've picked for sure, Riera I liked but for a pro footballer to crash and burn at the 60 min mark was his downfall. Pedro Mouthino picked him as I think one of two in the best players he has played with in a recent podcast

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yep....

Id have added Aafjes to the two I've picked for sure, Riera I liked but for a pro footballer to crash and burn at the 60 min mark was his downfall. Pedro Mouthino picked him as I think one of two in the best players he has played with in a recent podcast

Never noticed Riera's name initially as it was greyed out due to him being subbed. I would have him starting now for sure although, as you say, he couldn't last 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd have six or seven of that squad in our current XI no bother.

Mallo
Barr
Arfield
Riera
Higdon
Cregg
Aafjes

So would I but Mr D was talking about the starting 11. Don't know if I'd have Higdon in?

Archived