Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

49 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

in a sport where a leg breaking tackle would result in a 3 match ban but a bite is looked upon as despicable behaviour (suarez was banned for 9 games, I think) IF miller bit the guy then why would St. Mirren or the player not comment? surely any decent club would highlight the bite, if only to make refs aware and lessen the chance of a repeat offence.

as for the game itself, 1st half was terrible, very similar to 1st half v Morton. 2nd better with the sending off having changed the game. hippo was frustrating, why dive when you're in a good position? I'd like to see the tackle on him again as it looked a straight red but the back f the south stand isn't the best place to judge if it was or not. there's going to be a huge gap to fill in our team when kerr and miller go!

As I said before when someone mentioned a 'straight red' tackle:

"Are you talking about the one where Hippoylyte was quivering on the ground as if he'd been tasered, and another Falkirk player tried to take a quick freekick ignoring his 'distress'?

Just trying to make sure we're talking about the same incident. "

Asking this seriously in case there's another tackle that's being talked about.

We also were a long way away, but looked like a fairly innocuous tackle, and that the cheat was just cheating again.

The fact the nearest Falkirk players saw him writhing on the ground and tried to take a quick freekick showed they thought he was fine too.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First and foremost, as I posted earlier, every club in Scotland would have a spill out of info if such a thing as a bite took place and as it stands, the claims made on here re such bite took place, is like stating Nessie exists in loch lomond.

Now claims of provoked.....really, is this your first game of football ?

Im sure St mirren have bigger worries than trying to state something that doesn't exist but keep on keeping on, I'm sure it hides that you are rooted to the bottom and winless 

Hence why I said if. You don't know, I don't know, the only people who do know are Lee Miller & Jack Baird.

Well if it's unprovoked then why hasn't Baird lashed out after an aerial challenge before? Why has he kept his head when we have been getting tanked all game yet loses it when we are 1-0 up and looking pretty comfortable?

His only previous red card was for a handball, a game I attended, so in answer to your petulant question - no.

We are well aware of where we are in the league and I'm sure Baird is feeling guilty of letting his teammates down, who put a lot into the game. The red card cost us the game hence why we are questioning why it happened given the way the game was going.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I assume the tackle being referenced was on Hippo around the half way. From my view Mallan sprinted over and booted him from the back and made no attempt to play the ball. It looked a bad tackle from my point of view but at the time I was lambasting the ref for not booking him. Didnt see it as a straight red but would like to see again.

Okay, so that is the same tackle then.

Didn't look anywhere near that bad, but it may be a case of "The cheat who cried wolf" and we (and his team mates) just assumed he was at it again when instead he was actually hurt.

Surely Baird would've at least tried to make the point to the ref about what had happened instead of suddenly realising what an arse he had made of things and sloping down the tunnel with his head bowed. I've no doubt that something was perhaps said but you get that in every game of football I'm afraid. Baird needs to learn that you cant go throwing punches in full view of the ref. Frankly I'm surprised at the leeway Baird has got from Saints fans. I'd be furious if it had been one of our players who'd cost us three points when we were looking the better side. Wouldnt be surprised if the bite rumours were deliberately put out to try and deflect the pressure off him from his own fans to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely Baird would've at least tried to make the point to the ref about what had happened instead of suddenly realising what an arse he had made of things and sloping down the tunnel with his head bowed. I've no doubt that something was perhaps said but you get that in every game of football I'm afraid. Baird needs to learn that you cant go throwing punches in full view of the ref. Frankly I'm surprised at the leeway Baird has got from Saints fans. I'd be furious if it had been one of our players who'd cost us three points when we were looking the better side. Wouldnt be surprised if the bite rumours were deliberately put out to try and deflect the pressure off him from his own fans to be honest.

Saints fans are RAGING at Baird!

Even if he was bitten he should have tried to control himself.

We were in control of the game, and it looked more likely we'd score a second rather than Falkirk would equalise.

Playing 50 minutes with 10 men was always going to make it very difficult for us.

The information I tweeted at the weekend came from a very good source, but without any video, photographic or physical evidence it's going to be one word against another.

We could argue all day about it, but we're going round in circles somewhat.

We lost the game, deservedly so, and Jack Baird got sent off, deservedly so. Saints are bottom of the league, deservedly so.

Lee Miller got away with one on Saturday, that's football I guess.

Onwards, and erm, downwards :thumsup2

#Gravy #Fellas

I just don't understand why no one at the club (st mirren) has came forward in any sort of capacity to highlight what may have been a horrible act performed on one of their players leading to his reaction and subsequent sending off and collapse of the teams performance. Unless of course it's all bullshit deflection. I know I would be straight up to the ref showing any sort of bite mark, and be fuming, not to claim my innocence in it, but to show some sort of reason why it was done, rather than sulking off because I couldn't handle a wind up so hit someone, which given his age and inexperience seems the more likely case to me.

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

IMG_1480932263.632479.jpg

Would be nice to see the highlights but by the pics looks lee didn't get his breakfast

I'm assuming you're talking about the image in the top right. How can you possibly tell from that if his mouth is open or not?

A guy that takes pics at our games has about 10 images of the incident.

http://michaelschofield.photoshelter.com/gallery/Falkirk-v-St-Mirren-Scottish-Championship-game-played-3-12-2016/G0000I09_hoanWxw/0

You see Baird's fist coming down, down, connecting with Miller (img. 20 - the photo the alleged bite took place) across and away

Quite clear Miller does nothing apart from receive a punch to the face 

I'm assuming you're talking about the image in the top right. How can you possibly tell from that if his mouth is open or not?

Can't be 100% either way but you have to admit it does look like that's the reason Baird punched out because he was bit.

As I said would be better to see the highlights hope Falkirk tv don't cut it out

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Can't be 100% either way but you have to admit it does look like that's the reason Baird punched out because he was bit.

As I said would be better to see the highlights hope Falkirk tv don't cut it out

If nobody had mentioned a bite, would you look at that image and think it was?

The information I tweeted at the weekend came from a very good source, but without any video, photographic or physical evidence it's going to be one word against another.

We could argue all day about it, but we're going round in circles somewhat.

We lost the game, deservedly so, and Jack Baird got sent off, deservedly so. Saints are bottom of the league, deservedly so.

Lee Miller got away with one on Saturday, that's football I guess.

Onwards, and erm, downwards :thumsup2

#Gravy #Fellas

Sounds like your starting to back track already.

Poor comment to spread, good source or not. Especially as nothing of the sort happened, which is your managers words, not mine.

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A guy that takes pics at our games has about 10 images of the incident.

http://michaelschofield.photoshelter.com/gallery/Falkirk-v-St-Mirren-Scottish-Championship-game-played-3-12-2016/G0000I09_hoanWxw/0

You see Baird's fist coming down, down, connecting with Miller (img. 20 - the photo the alleged bite took place) across and away

Quite clear Miller does nothing apart from receive a punch to the face 

This pic *could* show Miller biting Jack Baird's right arm, but I'd agree it is inconclusive.

baird-1.JPG

If he did bite him it was the lower part of his right arm.

Then look at this pic. What is that on Jack Baird's lower right arm? Is it blood?

baird.JPG

Archived