Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

Yes. That's what ridiculous. Not that an experienced striker suddenly decides to go all Hannibal Lecter because his team's 1-0 down... :/

I think it is fair to assume that he hasn't lashed out for no reason. I haven't once accused Miller of biting as there is no evidence of him doing so. Your explanation of him being fed up with the season and chucking it during a game where we looked comfortably the better team, a situation we have rarely been in this season, is a lot more ridiculous tbh.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. Baird is still a young player. We don't know what "type" of mentality he has. He's not been in the game long enough to really show either way. This is the first time he's been playing in a side under this type of pressure. Who knows what his reaction would be? You? No. Me? No. Might not even know himself.

So, nah, it's not ridiculous to suggest it's more likely that he's lashed out than Miller's "caused" his broken nose through his own behaviour.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Not really. Baird is still a young player. We don't know what "type" of mentality he has. He's not been in the game long enough to really show either way. This is the first time he's been playing in a side under this type of pressure. Who knows what his reaction would be? You? No. Me? No. Might not even know himself.

So, nah, it's not ridiculous to suggest it's more likely that he's lashed out than Miller's "caused" his broken nose through his own behaviour.

I think he is an aggressive so and so.

The foul on Miller was disgraceful enough. 

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Precisely. Which makes your "likely explanation" all the more ridiculous and laughable.

Maybe Miller informed him, his team are bottom of the league.....an its the first he heard that......

And Baird's actions have seen Rocco Quinn get a free pass on some brutal tackles, especially the one on Hippolyte in the first half.  That was a red card on its own, and he didn't even get a yellow...

That was Mallan. It was maybe worth a yellow, but none of the Falkirk players seemed in anyway concerned. Don't remember anyone claiming for a card, and they tried to take a quick free kick. Hippolyte made a meal of it to try and get the ref to produce a card. He was sprinting down the wing only moments after writhing about in apparent agony.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

And Baird's actions have seen Rocco Quinn get a free pass on some brutal tackles, especially the one on Hippolyte in the first half.  That was a red card on its own, and he didn't even get a yellow...

Is this the one where Hippolyte (the diver-cheat) started rolling around in spasms of agony - and his own players looked at him and thought... "aye, seen this before, let's take a quick freekick".

You talk about Quinn getting a free pass for some "brutal tackles" (whit!), how about the Baird/Miller scenario giving Hippolyte a free pass for two blatant dives and that terrible play acting to try to get an opponent in to trouble.

A truly despicable character. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This thread is class. Who'd have thought a routine pumping of relegation fodder would produce pages such delicious anger.

Pleasing.

Good to see the P&B Derby getting back to its old best. 

Just a shame we'll be fucking off again at the end of the season.

Another genuinely embarrassing series of tweets from our esteemed webmaster. I don't think I've ever seen someone grapple so badly with their team's failings.

Worst twitter account. Ever. Again.

If only there was a way of not reading these shit accounts.

Just now, Div said:

Worst twitter account. Ever. Again.

If only there was a way of not reading these shit accounts.

No, the Pie and Bovril account is dreadful; the Black and White Army one is pretty damn funny.

How can you, a grown man, truly believe Lee Miller bit an opponent yesterday and then use rumours and inconclusive photos as the basis for your argument?

No, the Pie and Bovril account is dreadful; the Black and White Army one is pretty damn funny.

How can you, a grown man, truly believe Lee Miller bit an opponent yesterday and then use rumours and inconclusive photos as the basis for your argument?

I dunno, maybe because one of the players told me.

Maybe they just made it up, it's the sort of thing "grown men" do.

Is this the one where Hippolyte (the diver-cheat) started rolling around in spasms of agony - and his own players looked at him and thought... "aye, seen this before, let's take a quick freekick".

You talk about Quinn getting a free pass for some "brutal tackles" (whit!), how about the Baird/Miller scenario giving Hippolyte a free pass for two blatant dives and that terrible play acting to try to get an opponent in to trouble.

A truly despicable character. 

As previously quoted it was Mallan who fouled Hippolyte not Quinn[emoji53]

That was a definite yellow, whether it was Mallan or Quinn. I wonder if it had not been straight after the red card it might have been shown.

And I must state that Hippo's diving antics were embarrassing and wrong. I notice there was one near the end where he was weaving through the box, going away from goal, and you could almost see the lad have to physically restrain himself from chucking himself to the deck.

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That was a definite yellow, whether it was Mallan or Quinn. I wonder if it had not been straight after the red card it might have been shown.

And I must state that Hippo's diving antics were embarrassing and wrong. I notice there was one near the end where he was weaving through the box, going away from goal, and you could almost see the lad have to physically restrain himself from chucking himself to the deck.

Are you talking about the one where Hippoylyte was quivering on the ground as if he'd been tasered, and another Falkirk player tried to take a quick freekick ignoring his 'distress'?

Just trying to make sure we're talking about the same incident.

Archived