Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

Some of this thread is brilliant reading. It's irrelevant if Miller bit Baird or even said something about his maw - punching him in the face was not the correct course of action and he cost his team the game. Jack Ross should be giving him a boot in the baws in the dressing room. Hopefully he learns from this and keeps the head in future instead of getting worked up by the opposition.

Some of the posters on this thread could maybe work on keeping the head when dealing with Shull. The poster who made a comment about his wife sleeping about should be ashamed of himself, that is absolutely shocking "banter" and makes them come across as a bitter fud.

As for the game, we had a pretty good first half, with the three youngsters at the front of midfield all having a good game. I certainly wouldn't have given Mark Kerr MOTM, most of our good play came through the area that he should have been covering. Once again I thought Hippolyte looked good against us, always tries to make something happen, although he was definitely tiring towards the end.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Some of the posters on this thread could maybe work on keeping the head when dealing with Shull. The poster who made a comment about his wife sleeping about should be ashamed of himself, that is absolutely shocking "banter" and makes them come across as a bitter fud.

:lol::lol::lol:

oh ya fucker

32 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

^^ kens Falkirk will still be in this league in 14 seasons type of post

...came 3rd in a two-horse race last season, and will probably come second in a one horse race this season...kinda post.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Baird punching someone is out of character so it's not unreasonable to suggest he was provoked. 

Any footballer at a pro level punching someone like Baird did, surely had to be out of character for any footballer, it really isn't the norm....or they have chosen the wrong sport.

I honestly don't think I've seen a punch so obvious watching Falkirk, yes the various windmill attempts, pushing, shoving or the fly punch that's more a slap in the past but that was a street brawl punch. I suppose St mirren can be thankful as if this game was a higher profile, I'd have expected Baird to get a bigger punishment, he may still mind you.

35 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

^^ kens Falkirk will still be in this league in 14 seasons type of post

^^ has finally made it back to his car after a 30 minute pep talk. He will return to Leith a different man.

Can't believe the nonsense spouted by people that weren't at the game or even support either club, you know who you are. Despite that you try to condemn Lee Miller who was guilty of being fouled and punched, anyone who suggests that he committed any crime beforehand has no idea what they're talking about. You just had to look at Bairds reaction to the red card.

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

A few posts ago I said we'd seen Baird go for hundreds of such aerial challenges, and not once has he done anything as close to punching an opponent.

You're suggesting that what caused this was a normal part of aerial challenges - fine, your opinion, just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

As to Saints not saying anything as yet, I've often wished the club would come out in the past on certain issues - but we tend not to do so.

Very infuriating.

We've probably seen Miller going for thousands then and not once has he done anything as close to biting an opponent. 

Whether Miller bit him or not I'm loving some of a the cognitive dissonance from Midden fans is great here. It seems obvious, to them, that Miller MUST have done something to get a slap because Baird has never reacted that way before yet, at the same time, there aint any evidence, that I'm aware of anyway, that Miller has spent his career biting people or, for that matter, taking the "bants" a bit far.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that a young player has kinda snapped a bit after an atrocious season both personally, and for the club, thanks to the pressure of being in a relegation battle the club had not envisioned.

50 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Any footballer at a pro level punching someone like Baird did, surely had to be out of character for any footballer, it really isn't the norm....or they have chosen the wrong sport.

I honestly don't think I've seen a punch so obvious watching Falkirk, yes the various windmill attempts, pushing, shoving or the fly punch that's more a slap in the past but that was a street brawl punch. I suppose St mirren can be thankful as if this game was a higher profile, I'd have expected Baird to get a bigger punishment, he may still mind you.

I meant it was out of character compared to someone like Goodwin, who regularly gets himself into trouble for elbowing folk. And usually that was all the fault of the nasty media in the eyes of our fans rather than the player who had just skelped someone.

Perhaps a more likely explanation is that a young player has kinda snapped a bit after an atrocious season both personally, and for the club, thanks to the pressure of being in a relegation battle the club had not envisioned.

Highly unlikely explanation, given we were winning away from home. Not exactly a moment you are going to think aw f**k it this season is shite I'll just get myself sent off. If anyone was likely to get frustrated it would be Miller in this instance as his team was creating nothing and he saw very little of the ball unless it was punted up to him.

Miller had won a few free kicks prior to this one but the majority, if not all, were against MacKenzie which made it all the more strange for Baird to react as he did. He also committed his fair share.

Guess we'll never know just why he did punch him however he remains a fine young centre half who I'm sure will go on to bigger and better things than St Mirren.

Archived