Fawkurt v Smurn - THE P&B DERBY

Bite or no bite it was a stupid thing to do. However I don't think we should lambast and punish Baird, he made a mistake like many others this season. He'll learn, it's a shame about the timing and with the way the game was going it obviously cost us.

There are many positives to take from the first half of yesterday and even when down to 10 men we created quite a few chances and but for better decision making we could've scored another.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shull proving he's quite the multitasker by making a rip roaring c**t of himself on two separate sites at the same time.

Bravo

Have you got a link, I'm a bit bored this afternoon.

That pic shows the  actual moment Miller gets punched. They were taken in a set of 4, the previous photo shows Baird's raised fist above Miller and the next photo shows the follow through with Miller in serious pain. Surely even Shull's not that thick? 

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

It was a twitter rumour from a person who wasn't even at the game.

If that, combined with div's photo, isn't enough to have Miller kicked out of football for good I don't know what is. And after that, Saints fans can focus on solving whether the moon landing happened and who exactly was behind the grassy knoll.

Never ceases to amaze me how some fans will defend their players to the hilt despite all evidence to the contrary (see Goodwin, Jim) yet will jump on the merest, vaguest suggestion an opposition player has done wrong as conclusive proof he is scum of the earth and should be hung, drawn and quarter.

Thought saints had some decent youngsters in their team yesterday which should bode well whatever league they end up in. The sending off certainly made a huge difference as did saints poor start to the second half which allowed us to equalise quickly. Hippo taking advantage of magennis playing at rb at that point . Saints settled a bit and began to look dangerous on the break as we pushed for a second. Some slack tackling on our part could've proved costly but thankfully we eventually made the breakthrough. Don't know what Houston was thinking playing Kerr and Rankin, who was dire, against the divisions bottom side at home. Crazy stuff and craigen is definitely not a wide right player as this showing again emphasised. Fortunately Houston's subs improved things as it was an important 3 points.

I felt saints keeper should've done a lot better with the 3rd but was a bit unfortunate with the one in the pic as it was at close range and travelling.

I thought we were generally pish throughout the whole game. As has been said the players didn't seem to know what the formation was meant to be in the 1st half and, for once, Rankin deserved the criticism that he got.

There's no doubt that the sending off changed the game with us managing to use the man advantage when we usually struggle in these situations. I think though that Houston's half time bollocking would probably have turned things around anyway? I was willing Houstie to sub Hippo after his booking as I felt that Thompson would be looking for a chance to level the numbers and Hippo's just daft enough to do something stupid enough to get booked again. Shows you what I know!

I don't think anyone played particularly well although Miller was maybe best and Big Luca never missed a header (he rarely does) and did the easy things well.

If Lee did bite the lad, which I would find very hard to believe, why was this not brought to the ref's attention at the time? If subsequent evidence is presented though to prove that this is the case then he should quite rightly get hammered for it. The photographs that that slavering idiot has presented however prove nothing at all of course!

Think we need to improve somewhat for next week.

Regarding St Mirren: I felt that their young lads did well in the middle of the park and they did carry a threat for much of the match. They seem to be devoid of confidence though and you could see the heads go down when we equalised. I think that they'll do much better once they get that elusive first win though!

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Shull proving he's quite the multitasker by making a rip roaring c**t of himself on two separate sites at the same time.

Bravo

DJ and the usual suspects 

Zzzzzzzzzz 

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

If that, combined with div's photo, isn't enough to have Miller kicked out of football for good I don't know what is. And after that, Saints fans can focus on solving whether the moon landing happened and who exactly was behind the grassy knoll.

Never ceases to amaze me how some fans will defend their players to the hilt despite all evidence to the contrary (see Goodwin, Jim) yet will jump on the merest, vaguest suggestion an opposition player has done wrong as conclusive proof he is scum of the earth and should be hung, drawn and quarter.

Nobody is trying to defend Baird.

And nobody is denying he threw a punch.

He clearly committed the crime.

What was his motive though?

He's a young player, but we've seen him play plenty of games, and we've seen him go up for hundreds of challenges with opposition strikers.

If he had a propensity for punching players for no reason whatsoever I think we'd have seen it by now.

You either think he suddenly decided for no reason whatsoever to punch an opponent - making no attempt at all to hide it - or you think something happened which provoked it.

Which do you think is more likely Stu?

Archived