Rovers vs Ayr Utd

19 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Sorry but that is a red card all day long. Deliberate wipe out of a player and in a pretty dangerous fashion. Utterly ludicrous decision by Cairney.

Is that our first red of the season?

Certainly stupid but don't see how it was dangerous. Pretty sure it's our first red. 

Will it be one immediate game....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Certainly stupid but don't see how it was dangerous. Pretty sure it's our first red. 

Will it be one immediate game....

It will be. He will miss the trip to Brechin.

I guess we see it differently, but if it was against one of our players we would have been screaming for a red

1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

I guess we see it differently, but if it was against one of our players we would have been screaming for a red

Benidictus got a yellow for the same in the first half.

Benidictus got a yellow for the same in the first half.

Bene did not get a yellow for the same in the first half.

Bene went in a bit reckless for the ball, missed the ball.

Cairney went in extremely reckless and wiped Callachan out completely.

There's a difference.

You'll maybe want to go and watch both Red's again.

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Would rather he missed the Brechin game anyway; Wardrope and Crawford should be good enough to play in the middle even if Docherty and Adams are still out. 

To be honest I'm always quite old school when it comes to tackles, but obviously applying some reason too I just can't see that one being a straight red. 

To be honest both were probably straight reds by the rules of the game so bene got off a bit lightly. Cairneys challenge was alot worse but looked higher than it was at the time. Absolutely senseless why he done that.

Bene let everyone down massively. Was thinking to myself if he keeps his performance up he will be motm easily. He then got booked and you could see he had lost his temperament. Don't think we would have lost a goal with him on the pitch but fair play to Ayr. They were the better team over the peice and should have taken all 3 points.

Thought devlin looked very good going forward, not as good defensively though. Could see him ending up at a bigger team (no offense)

14 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Albeit a pretty miserable attempt to win the ball. Benedictus at least was trying to win the ball.

Pulling someone down deliberately on the break isn't attempting to get the ball, but still isn't a red card, so a tackle that is intending to stop a breakaway shouldn't necessarily be a red card. Both were yellows in my opinion, obviously others will have an opinion that will differ, but you see 3/4 of they tackles a match.

Have we now adapted to the level of football in the Championship or is it dropping closer to how we play?

There seems to be teams that are almost imploding and really blowing hot and cold from week to week.

I`m delighted with the start that we have made, and results like this one are very pleasing.

For all that we have done well, St Mirren apart, it is still quite close in the bottom mini-league of 4.

4 minutes ago, AyrWeGo said:

Pulling someone down deliberately on the break isn't attempting to get the ball, but still isn't a red card, so a tackle that is intending to stop a breakaway shouldn't necessarily be a red card. Both were yellows in my opinion, obviously others will have an opinion that will differ, but you see 3/4 of they tackles a match.

I agree it shouldn't necessarily be a red, but it was the manner in which Cairney went in that IMO justified the red.

Archived