Rovers vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter pish from Bene. Turned a game we were in control of into one where we were defending for our lives. Ayr became a lot more prominent when Matthews went from being in his natural position to covering at right back. We got lucky in that it was an equally ridiculous tackle from the Ayr player. Callachan is going past the dug outs and towards the wings, and he flies in for an easy decision. 

Coustrain looked like our only outlet tonight. Both Johnston and Roberts aren't showing enough. A bit brutal to see us bring on Skacel when we were at the end of the game. I still feel that Locke isn't the man to blame for tonight, the responsibility should fall on the captain who should've known better. Morton at home will be fun with him suspended. 

First of all, sticking us in that bloody corner was awful. You can't see a thing happening at the opposite end of the field.

Next, the ref made some baffling decisions at the beginning of the match , balls clearly headed or hit off a player and he gives the other way.     

What is it with Greg Fleming being able to somehow get to point black shots and saving us from no where, yet anything struck from outside the box terrifies me! Stop it!

Right both sending offs were daft by the players. Raith's knowing full well he had just been booked for dissent and Cairney, why the bloody need to take the man out on the half way line. He looked way off the pace all night.     

We actually played some really good passing stuff  throughout the game at times. 

What the hell have you done to Kevin Cuthbert? He looked pretty fragile tonight. Same we didn't test him even more. 

Devlin & McGuffie fairly getting used to this league. Balotoni solid at the back yet again and Harkins with his usual class. We badly need a striker or an on form Craig Moore back as the least said about Nisbets miss the better.

Couldn't stop laughing at Rose pumping the extra ball flung on by your coach to slow up play, the benches overall attempts at time wasting truly bit them in the arse, great tactics by the DKB coach and his sidekicks. The players soon went like the clappers to retrieve the ball when we scored.

2 points lost tonight thanks to Cairney and poor finishing in my opinion. Raith were there for the taking  

I'm sorry but to say we were the better team until Bene 's sending off is pushing it. We had one shot on target and scored from it. The keeper had nothing more to do. Zero zip nada. Only people to pass today we're Coustrain who played well but fell away a little and MVoto who did his job , nothing more though. The rest utter garbage. It's as bad a performance as I've seen since the Anelka days. Pointless substitution of Skachel when your screaming out for pace to run onto the hoofball. Forward two again inept of even holding a ball up let alone bringing other into play or being on the creative side. We are an embarrassment to be sitting where we are in the league just now and expect on the last few weeks for us to go only one way. The whole midfield was,non existent along with the Ayr winger and right mid continually taking the piss out of McHattie. To take a point from this game was daylight robbery of the highest form.

I'm sorry but to say we were the better team until Bene 's sending off is pushing it. We had one shot on target and scored from it. The keeper had nothing more to do. Zero zip nada. Only people to pass today we're Coustrain who played well but fell away a little and MVoto who did his job , nothing more though. The rest utter garbage. It's as bad a performance as I've seen since the Anelka days. Pointless substitution of Skachel when your screaming out for pace to run onto the hoofball. Forward two again inept of even holding a ball up let alone bringing other into play or being on the creative side. We are an embarrassment to be sitting where we are in the league just now and expect on the last few weeks for us to go only one way. The whole midfield was,non existent along with the Ayr winger and right mid continually taking the piss out of McHattie. To take a point from this game was daylight robbery of the highest form.

:lol:

Away and lie down. It was bad but fucking settle.

Were you the boy up the back who broke his chair?

9 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Context is a fine thing. We've been missing our right back, and even then we had to reshuffle to put a right midfielder there instead of a centre midfielder. We're also missing one of main creative outlets in Bobby Barr. 

I threw the toys out the pram when Locke was appointed but to have some people saying we should get rid of him (not yourself forever...) , or that we're going to be awful for the rest of the season is a bit ridiculous. If we don't have our centre back deciding to scythe a player down when he's on a booking, and if we see the Bobby Barr and Thomson back in the team, then I think we'd be far more positive. 

But yes, there's no way that comes anywhere near some of the post-Anelka performances. Getting papped out the Scottish Cup to Queens Park and Dumbarton, losing 5-0 away to Morton and our endless capitulations to Livi come to mind. While I'm not saying we were fantastic tonight by any stretch of imagination, it's nowhere near as bad as you're making out. 

4 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

We will now go on to get 5 players booked which will cause havoc later as the suspensions kick in

Because we don't have a STRIKER!!!

Chasing a game for almost 80 minutes

Because we don`t have a STRIKER!!!

Will no doubt end up with the largest percentage of possession for the full game but still not score

Because we don`t have a STRIKER!!!

Stop being a crybaby

I must admit, I thought the last few weeks might have knocked the confidence out of our thread bare squad but it sounds as though we've really taken the game to the home side tonight. A remarkable effort despite being without Docherty & Adams in the middle of the park.

I hope Wardrope had a decent 45 minutes and was only withdrawn after a tactical rethink by McCall.

It'd be great to see a fully fit Craig Moore in an Ayr jersey for the entire second half of the season, really give McCall a chance to show what he can produce in this league.

We were the dominant team until the goal. Unfortunately anything from outside the box seems to beathe Fleming.  Raith were well in control until (unsure of spelling) the red card other than a couple flurry's. 

We then pissed all over them but couldn't finish (I had a look at the stats and I'm not sold we had the game the beeb claim though). 

Great to see @Andy C reduced to tears at folk celebrating a late late goal though, are you the fat burd with the ear muffs?

Not at the game but judging by the possession, shots on goal and corner count, it sounds like we dominated the game and played as if we were the home team. Great to see us doing that against a full time team who should comfortably be mid table or better. Yes, Raith are not on a good run according to their fans, but we've lost four games straight and this result and performance were exactly the type of response we needed.

Onwards and upwards, starting with a return to Fife for our next league game. Would love to put one over our bogey team and increase the gap over them.

We struggled to adapt after Bene was sent off and then struggled to adapt again once Ayr went down to 10 men - was this the fault of management or the players? Difficult to tell from the stands. It's seemed like we started the second half set out to defend our lead (playing 4-5-0 at one point with MacManus dropping back) and then didn't seem to know what to do when Ayr went down to 10 men. The subs were Grant Murray-esque. MacManus was the wrong player for the task at hand, but, at times, he was a spectator. Someone, sitting near me, said that Osei played a full 90 minutes in a u20s / development game the night before - so clearly he was never going to be brought on as a sub. Why not have limited his game time in the other fixture, so he could have been used last night? He could have made more of a contribution than Skacel. The wasted possession, thanks to him, at the end was woeful. 

On a positive note - Davo and Coustrain did well. As did Callachan, good to see him looking to pass, just outside the box, rather than rocket the ball into the stand. Oh and nice to see Mark Campbell.

Watched the highlights there - 2 daft red cards, rovers one especially when on a booking already.

Nisbets miss - oh dear. Brilliant build up as well.

Raith goal - Fleming looked slow, was it deflected? Also possibly a foul early in the build up but we had at least 2 chances to clear and didn't take them.

Fine strike from Harkins. Would have taken a point pre match to stop the bad run, vital 6 weeks or so coming up now

Archived