Rovers vs Ayr Utd

Would be surprised if this was called off, it's to pish of rain tomorrow (so warmer than last night/today, circa a roasting 4*C).

Also agree that I would really like to see that starting XI.

Shitfest 1-0 home win.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a chance.

ETA In all probability you'll be in the Turnbull Hutton stand (main stand) in the corner. Check on the official site tomorrow morning for more info.

If you don't fancy that you could always do as other away fans have done - sit with us in the South Stand and keep yer mouth shut. :)

14 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Not a chance.

ETA In all probability you'll be in the Turnbull Hutton stand (main stand) in the corner. Check on the official site tomorrow morning for more info.

If you don't fancy that you could always do as other away fans have done - sit with us in the South Stand and keep yer mouth shut. :)

Some of the home fans should heed this advice as well.

With the utmost respect to Ayr I would be surprised if they were expecting to bring enough fans to justify opening another stand, for those that don't know, it tends to be this area the smaller away supports are in nowadays, Main Stand (in the corner closest to the South Stand):

291016+16+Stuck+in+the+corner.jpgstarks-park-raith-rovers8.jpg

This really does scream 0-1 Ayr. We've been rancid for a few weeks now, albeit results have remained decent. We're due a defeat.

I think Locke will start Scott Roberts as he has a truly weird fixation with a player who's done very little (probably to do with the loan terms in fairness). I'd probably look to drop McManus and Callachan myself but there's almost no way they'll be out the side. 

An awful game in freezing conditions, probably decided by a mistake. And with the away fans in the Main Stand we'll be shooting at the South Stand in the first half. Absolutely buzzing. 

On a side note, based on the opening league game I thought Ayr would be complete fodder this season. I know they've made a couple of very good signings since then in Harkins/Balatoni but fair play to them. Very good start for a team coming up from the play-offs.

We need a shake up, thats for sure.

The style of football hasnt been good, and I dont think Johnston really gives us much to be honest.  He is pacey with good skill, but hasnt produced much in the way of final ball into the box.

I dont mind playing Matthews, but it has to be on the left hand side where we already have an attacking outlet in Mchattie.  On Saturday, as the game got more stretched, Cuthbert started using the full backs (something we havent been doing enough).  But when it came to Davidson, he played it forward to Matthews, who turned and gave it back.  That was it.

I would drop Mcmanus for Vaughn, and Matthews for Coustrain.  Wont happen, will likely be Roberts in for Matthews if any change at all.

If you take the Falkirk game out of the equation, then we havent been good since the Dundee Utd game in all honesty.  We totally abandoned a style of play that was working.

Archived