Beith Bumpkins v Greenock Galacticos - Scottish Cup, 26th November 2016

vikingTON

6 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Yet you reply to a reply??

I wasn't the one claiming that nobody cared about Shanner's post counting though, it was your friend/tag teamer/separate smartphone account for self-haunners (chose according to levels of cynicism!) who was.

Doing it wrong, swing and a miss, better luck next time champ, etc, etc, zzzzzzzz

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

My money is on the 2-1 win at Lossiemouth , when the claimed Talbot travelling support was ~100 more than the match attendance.

I am shocked. Who would stoop so low as to do this? Surely it could not have been Isabel Goudie, HJ?

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2016 at 21:44, fan of the juniors said:

Championship 1 Junior Thickos 1 emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I think you'll find that the correct score was Junior, Bumpkin Morons 1 The Championship 6.

A mere consolation goal after the cream of the Junior levels got utterly bodied by a big team at the weekend. Cute. 

8 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Coming from the guy who said there was 2-3000 at Morton v Spartans then said "it looked bigger" when it was pointed out the crowd was 1200.

Want to make Yer Da patter or really debate on junior fitba?

Why would a Berwick/Hibs fan be making up entirely ludicrous figures for such a game? Or are you just an absolute fantasist?

Tough call tbh. 

34 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I think you'll find that the correct score was Junior, Bumpkin Morons 1 The Championship 6.

A mere consolation goal after the cream of the Junior levels got utterly bodied by a big team at the weekend. Cute. 

Why would a Berwick/Hibs fan be making up entirely ludicrous figures for such a game? Or are you just an absolute fantasist?

Tough call tbh. 

On 2/7/2016 at 23:45, HibeeJibee said:

Forres played Rangers a couple of years ago. Spartans played Livingston and St Mirren on the old City Park - just 3 sides of grass banking and a long condemned grandstand - then hosted pay at the gate crowds of 2,000 to 3,000 at the new ground against Clyde and Morton last season.

There will be other examples I haven't thought of most probably.

Both of those grounds are quite similar lay-out to Prestonfield if arguably somewhat less developed (e.g. Spartans building covered terrace opposite stand but not done yet), so surely Prestonfield would be OK.

EK's issue was ticketless fans, as K-Park only holds 660 - increasing to almost 1,000 next season - and police were unhappy about more Celtic supporters turning-up. Less acute with 2,000-3,000. Some SPFL1/SPFL2 grounds don't hold much more.

On 2/8/2016 at 00:44, HibeeJibee said:

Apparently so :lol:. I was actually meaning Morton and Berwick games as I attended those. Thought were more for the former, tbf.

Point stands though.

Tbf, Sunrise is indeed correct... having been at Spartans v Morton and Spartans v Berwick and known the crowd at the latter to be 2,500, I'd said that both ties had drawn 2,000 when in fact the former had drawn 1,300.

Infact, it well illustrates the peril of going by what a crowd looks or feels like rather than an accurate figure.

However, that is where the similarity ends, tbf. It is one thing to be mistaken in an innocuous context, accept the error and not repeat it. A Talbot fan consistently claimed they took X hundred supporters on buses to Lossiemouth and used it as a boast for his own club and a criticism of HL and SFL (as was) crowds, and repeated the point many times in the face of points to the contrary. His claims on the number of Talbot fans who travelled on supporters buses was well in excess of the published match attendance - i.e. even if there had not been present a single home fan, neutral or Talbot fan who'd travelled independently... Even a claimed alternative crowd figure (without explanation over how this differed from the published attendance given that would mean Talbot had been short-changed from their share of the gate) left an inconceivably low remainder for home, neutral and other Talbot fans. No-one doubted that Talbot took an excellent support, presumably had the majority of the crowd, and so on... it was the persistent exaggeration to which some - certainly not all, granted - concurred.

It's not particular to that individual game - Isabel Goudie, the above culprit, is notorious for it to the point of humorousness. There's a poster a few posts up who obviously twigged right away. I recall a couple of seasons ago IG rampaging on after a Cumnock v Talbot derby, lauding the size of the away support, repelling all suggestions of any exaggerations - only for it to be many hundred more than the actual match attendance, of whom obviously a proportion number would have been home fans! Conversely, he still claims Edinburgh City home games get no crowds to speak of despite published attendances in SPFL2, fans of other SPFL2 clubs experience, etc. etc.

My post at the top of the page was only an attempt at humour with a bit of an edge - clearly that fell flat on its face :lol:!! - and I don't think I've engaged in any "Yer Da" activity. Unless refuting the oft-made claims that "Junior clubs get as good crowds as SPFL clubs" or "Junior clubs get as good results as SPFL clubs when they meet" is considered such.

Archived