Beith Bumpkins v Greenock Galacticos - Scottish Cup, 26th November 2016

vikingTON

It's a bit different to what morton are used close to fans full house not massive crowd probably 1600 a sloped pitch and a team who are playing well one defeat all season not much between top junior teams and teams in first and second division I know it's a step up playing one of the in form championship teams but junior teams have played better teams than morton recently and not had a hammering so your 8 and 9s I don't see happening

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not sure what is so different - for the players at least - about playing at a Junior ground instead of Balmoor or Stair Park, which Morton have done lots of times and with bigger issues at stake. 

55 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Have you seen the severity of the slope, VT? It's ridiculous.

I fail to see why a professional team can't deal with a sloped pitch: it is something that the management have had plenty of time to figure out for themselves and have lots of time in training to make any adjustments that they think would help. The rest of the conditions mentioned are the same as any relatively big tie being held at a lower league ground, an experience that most of the current side have experienced plenty of times before. It might be a big deal for the fans, but the players shouldn't be fazed at all really. 

16 hours ago, Wren Road said:

This is a game Scullion should be starting

Is that Scullion who was at St Mirren?

He played against us for St Mirren u20s in a benefit match for our captain in 2011 after he suffered a bad injury.

He looked a decent player that day.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Any chance the game will be in doubt? Not the warmest, this week.

Beith Twitter account posted that they had the "frost covers" down. Don't know how much that will help though!

Looking forward to our big game on saturday, to you morton fans it's just a free pass to 4th rnd, but you never know in football. At the moment in the Junior football grade I think we have the best non league team in scotland and hope to show our quality on saturday, if it's still not good enough to get anything from the game then so be it. Look forward to some banter at the match and may the best junior team win.

Archived