Beith out of senior Scottish

Sancho Panza

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's when the club can apply to have another provisional fixture put in place . Ffs we didn't know who we were playing this week until Sunday night. Imagine how much sponsorship your club could make if they could say on a set day in April they would be playing their local rivals or the best supported club in the league

I agree with earlier poster 4 weekly fixtures u cud get a game v beith in April and one or other cud be playing quarters of West or 2 legged scottish semi dump the league cups start league in August or end July play midweek games when u can a full fixture card won't ease congestion end of season might add to it

The West Region ought tae gie us dates for the West of Scotland Cup and Ayrshire/Central Cups at the start of the season - would reverse some of the decline of the contests.

11 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Because the Scottish cup takes precident over all fixtures it wud be impossible for a season long fixture list cut out shit regional cups at beginning season and get stuck into league games and why not start end of July to stop the farce of 3 or 4 games a week in may

Personally I'd ditch the sectional cups and turn the early rounds of the West into a sectional format instead, staggering the group fixtures throughout the opening half of the season rather than playing loads of sectional games at a time when the League should be getting priority. 

Making the West into a group format would give the wee teams a chance to replace the income taken away by removing the existing sectional cups and it would decrease the total number of Cup games played by bigger teams over the whole season, making space for more league fixtures and the league could be increased to 16 teams, which seems a good and fair compromise to me.  

It might even renew fan interest in the WOS Cup, but even if it doesn't the aforementioned reasons are good enough to consider it (although I'm sure there will be reasons why it wouldn't work). 

The restructure of the league making it the west super league kind of made the west not as prestigious but for me it's still a great cup to win I just think the old scarlett cup went the same way as the league became more prestigious and the league cup got worse when it stopped being a guaranteed North v south final

Archived