Dumbarton -vs- Bonnyrigg Rose - Part Two

Jan Vojáček

It would be good to see the game go ahead tomorrow. Injuries and loan issues will definitely hurt. Hopefully we can overcome them and get a win anyway. Sparky can slot in at left back but for me he's been really effective in midfield. He reads the game well and is constantly talking to his teammates.

A midfield of Stanton and Todd isn't bad and assuming Fleming is fit we can play Stirling and Thomson wide. Or even Stirling and McCallum on the flanks and a proper 2 man strike partnership. Bench will be a struggle.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you optimistic about the covers doing the job? The weather doesn't look like it'll drop below 0 on the Met Office, and I'd be gutted if this was off.

Some clouds tonight will definitely help keep the temperature up. If the air stays above or at 0, we should be good.

Was bitterly cold this morning in Bonnyrigg though, frozen ground everywhere.

It is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

I know it's the rules etc etc

However another way of looking at it is glorified cheating! Clubs can loan players out to other clubs to strengthen those clubs when they play everyone else. But that player isn't allowed to play against their parent club therefore theoretically weakening said team against the bigger club meaning it is technically easier to win but harder for others!
Cynical I know but hey ho lol

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.

Why? I wouldnt let a player play for a loan club in the Cup before the Jan window either.

Although we let three of our young 20s play for Gretna in it which now means they cant play for us. And Ayrton Sonkur has been given permission to play for Hawick tomorrow too. 

Archived