Songs That Should Be Banned For Buskers

Highland Capital

There's a lassie in Stirling who sets up with a wee karaoke machine and sings terrible versions of decent uptempo dance numbers to an acoustic backing track.

f**k that shit. Learn to play a fucking instrument if you want my money.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after the trend of teen boys with guitars in Glasgow we have now moved onto teens just singing over backing tracks. Buchanan St is basically a giant X Factor audition now and it's heavy shit.

Me and my mate once set up in Ashton Lane, must be about 20 years ago now, and started belting out some pink Floyd classics. Ten minutes in and some foreigners (Germans I guess) started pelting us with potatoes from an upstairs window shouting "zat is ze worst version of comfortably numb I have ever heard." 

Picked up our case, ran like f**k and never busked there again. 

On 15/04/2018 at 07:14, mrcat1990 said:

So after the trend of teen boys with guitars in Glasgow we have now moved onto teens just singing over backing tracks. Buchanan St is basically a giant X Factor audition now and it's heavy shit.

Treat it as the X Factor and you are a judge, at work print off A4 pages with large red X on and start taking them with you to place next to their collection case

Is the Slash guy still about on Buchanan Street?  I think he genuinely thinks he really is Slash.

Haven't seen him in a while. There's another fella who occasionally pops up playing Djent riffs to no backing track through a tiny amp. Pretty shite but like him as different from other pish.

There used to be a guy who wore a black kilt and pair of goth boots who played some kind of irish bagpipe on Buchanan street, he was fucking awful, played the same pish all day.
I completely agree re the wee fannies who have the microphones and amps set up to play ed sheeran pish, back in my day if you werent loud enough too fucking bad. Ed sheeran, George Ezra or Coldplay then no money from me.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:14, mrcat1990 said:

I saw three (male and female) on Argyle Street and Buchanan Street last week. How long has this sort of thing been going on for? It was surreal.

There used to be some guy in Ayr high street who used to do shite raps over hip hop beats while wearing the green mask from the Jim Carrey film The Mask.

He disappeared for a while then reappeared pretending to be a statue. He was arrested two weeks ago for putting a lollypop down a 15 year old girls top.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

There used to be some guy in Ayr high street who used to do shite raps over hip hop beats while wearing the green mask from the Jim Carrey film The Mask.

He disappeared for a while then reappeared pretending to be a statue. He was arrested two weeks ago for putting a lollypop down a 15 year old girls top.

Was he a taxi driver by any chance?

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was he a taxi driver by any chance?

I don't know, but it later emerged that he is Eastern European on Facebook which led to some proper head's gone Schemie single mother Brexiteers declaring that they voted for Brexit to stop this kind of thing happening. :lol:

On 17/04/2018 at 13:12, madwullie said:

Me and my mate once set up in Ashton Lane, must be about 20 years ago now, and started belting out some pink Floyd classics. Ten minutes in and some foreigners (Germans I guess) started pelting us with potatoes from an upstairs window shouting "zat is ze worst version of comfortably numb I have ever heard." 

Picked up our case, ran like f**k and never busked there again. 

A tough crowd on Ashton Lane. Never know when it might all kick off.

Archived